Dont you just hate some tractors

Pete 2009

im a lover of classic DBs but driving one 885 with loader in the deepest of winter

with no cab was ummmmmlets just say "good for the soul"

and anything after 36 hours  ::) ::) of nights then straight onto days then back for your next night shift

Ford 5000, not that it was a bad tractor, just very tiring to drive for long periods, noisy, killer manual steering, half the window missing, crash gearbox, heat from transmission, etc etc etc, I would swear aloud all day long and no one, not even me could hear! David Brown 990 was never really easy either all the traits of the 5000 plus a loader and super loud whine in the backend. But at least I only used it on odd occasions. How anyone could remain sane when driving such tractors everyday, all day I do not know.

I used to drive one every day but never had sdjmfsd\ n \adsifj;ds\gun sdfuvbn azicn wibble wibble wibble a problem Wink
Brilliant  :D

I still drive them and no problem either!

Goes goes to show Nash has gone mad!

I'm saying if you drive them all day everyday, not 10 minutes here and ten minutes there BUT 10, 12 or 14 hours plus a day in busy periods and minimum of 8 hours at other periods. Of course a spin in any tractor is fun but even a week full time on some machines is too much add in dust, mud, rain, snow, ice etc and you'll understand.

Hating some machines can be because they are not nice to drive or a vivid memory of a time on them or reliability problems plus any other reason you can care to mention. Without colour wars and rose tinted glasses some people can find a machine below par yet someone else will say it's the best tractor he's ever driven. I said a DB 990 was not exactly easy and I will defend that opinion all the way yet one great job with an 885 and safety frame was mowing and tedding, enough weight on the back to make the manual steering easy, slight breeze to keep cool and move the dust/pollen.

I've got to stop writing now because the doctors are coming around with my medicine now.

our case mxu135 great tractor if it was built using higher quality materials first day and the odd bit of thought put in also the paint finish is extremely bad our 3085 notorius for rust on the doors has less rust on the whole tractor than the case has on its pick up hitch paint just peels off in flakes like also the clutch brakes 2 spool vales dont work gearbox jumps out of low box and sometime just doesnt go into it front axle hubs persist in getting hot at low speed not to mind high speeds even though i have checked the oil level the roof window/sunroof leaks even though the dealer cant find the cause, the pto switch keeps going, the interior is extremely plasticy and they dont provide any where for controll boxes for balers and silage wagon to sit ,lift arms have a mind of theyre own can raise themselves while your just driving along and your certain you didnt hit the switch and then wont go back down for love nor money resulting in more than its fari share of stabilisers and that only the beginning shes only clocked a little over 1000 hrs in her life i do think some of these problems may have been caused by abuse by a former operator who thankfully left and is now unemployed. personnally i dont think itll outlive its much older work mate our mf 3085

Zetor 7711 - We still have one. The only way to stop it when theres a trailer on the back is with the trailer breaks. And to make matters worse the hydraulic lever not only is in an awkward position to get at, but if you let go it lets the breaks off as it automatically releases.