Cerin's Ferguson Te-20 --- Flossie , Massey Ferguson 165 And Nuffield DM4?

Massey Boy

It all started ages ago when my mum told a local farmer worker who i have known since and before i came to cornwall that if he wanted a tractor he could store it at ours. Then the other day out of the blue he phoned up saying he has found a nice Te-20 and wondered if there was still space at our to keep at ours mum said yes, any way there combersation carried on and he wondered if i wanted to go half's on it and the anser is defiantly yes. Any we had talk about it and who ever dies first the other gets to keep it and that  : and i will own 1p more than him as that what he wants. She is called Flossie named by the previous owner ;)

Any way we went to look at her on Tuesday and she is in very good nick and was done up by the owner and had 2 previous owners before him and hasn't done any proper farm work really. She is 1951 so 58 years old and its tvo and she also the owner has a mint fergy fert spreader which is with her only an extra £50 and she has a spare hopper. She costs £950 including the fert spreader and spare hopper and a spare wheel rim for the tractor and all the manuals and that. We are planning to take it to vintage rallys and road runs and maybe ploughing matches as i have found a old 2 furrow plough in a hedge for her  ;D

My mum and dad are both going to learn to drive her. I need some help with the best place to insure her, and i was wondering if i could get it so it would cover me at vintage rally's to drive round the ring ?
Any help and comment appreciated!
WOW think that's the most i have ever written on here :D

Edited by Massey Boy

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You go and have a lie-down after all that writing Cerin. :o

Well done, Unkel wants a sneak preview dont forget ;)

Time to clear the garage out,rearrange the westwood and trailer,..........hmmm,make a drawbar extension for the trailer and you can put it behind old " Floss ". :D

You go and have a lie-down after all that writing Cerin. :o

Well done, Unkel wants a sneak preview dont forget ;)

Time to clear the garage out,rearrange the westwood and trailer,..........hmmm,make a drawbar extension for the trailer and you can put it behind old " Floss ". :D

Yeah i think so  :D

And yes you can come down and drive her  ;D

Yep hard days work tommorow ::)

Brillant Cerin cant wait to see pics of her, i buy your westwood if you want to sell it get a mower for the fergi and your away :D :D :D :D

As for insurance we have all our tractors insured by NFU.

They will insure it for the road if shes road registard for any driver as long as they have a licence that allows them to drive a tractor on the road.  For shows you need public libilty, our insurance covers anyone over the age of 13 to drive our tractors in a show ground with our permistion.  I think it costs us about £30 for the public liabilty so you wont have any problem i doubt but your Mum or Dad would prob have to be the named person on the isurance. Obliously you wont be able to drive it on the road untill you pass your test. But it doesnt have to be road legel to get PL insurance

Cerin. If you insure the tractor under a 'fully comprehensive' policy it will cover everything you want to do with it and will cover anything you're towing with it, including the load. It might cost you more to insure this way but well worth it.

Cerin. If you insure the tractor under a 'fully comprehensive' policy it will cover everything you want to do with it and will cover anything you're towing with it, including the load. It might cost you more to insure this way but well worth it.

Cheers for that helpfull info :)

And can you really drive a tractor with your normal car driving licence?

I am going to learn on Flossie - her clutch is very enthusiastic though, it will be like riding a frisky horse hopefully!

i think so, but only on licenes passed upto a certain year, not sure what that year is though and then after that year you need to take a tractor test

Brilliant Cerin that takes a lot of courage for a guy your age to make that commitment......Well done, Aunty Jo has done a grand job with you.....glad you have such wonderful support......

great news cerin  :) although is it wise to let yer mum learn to drive it ? after all , women do get attached to things with girls names & , telling you mate , you'll have to fight to keep her off it !

TVO eh ? ooh shame it's not a diesel but as long as someone can teach you how to mix it , you'll have no problems with it & i dare say the best people to ask would be powerrabit or BC maybe unkel F is older than he lets onto us & he can still mix it with the best of them  :D :D

seriously cerin , looks like you got a lot to look forward to mate & i cant wait for the picture's :) :)

Since buying Flossie Cerin has gone bonkers - look at his avatar!

Umm well like Adam said blame him :D

Nice to hear youve bought a nice litle tractor Cerin!

Nice name for the lady Flossie :D

Cheers Johny

Brilliant Cerin that takes a lot of courage for a guy your age to make that commitment......Well done, Aunty Jo has done a grand job with you.....glad you have such wonderful support......

Thanks Rick and yes thanks to my wonderfull support :)

Oooooh, Cerin you have just bought my favourite tractor.  Can I come down and make friends with her?

Yes of course any time ;)

great news cerin  :) although is it wise to let yer mum learn to drive it ? after all , women do get attached to things with girls names & , telling you mate , you'll have to fight to keep her off it !

TVO eh ? ooh shame it's not a diesel but as long as someone can teach you how to mix it , you'll have no problems with it & i dare say the best people to ask would be powerrabit or BC maybe unkel F is older than he lets onto us & he can still mix it with the best of them  :D :D

seriously cerin , looks like you got a lot to look forward to mate & i cant wait for the picture's :) :)

Yeah that could be a problem i think but then she just asked me if it has reverse :D

I think i know the mix for tvo all ready 1 part petrol to 4 parts cooking oil ;)

But yeah it gunna be fun pictures soon ;)

what brilliant news... well done Cerin... I can't wait to see her in all her glory..

You are a nice lad who deserves nice things - I'm so pleased to hear that you've entered the world of tractor ownership - and with an Historic tractor too - so... please don't be too long in posting up the pics when she arrives

Recipe for TVO mix, 1 gallon petrol mixed with 3 gallons of kerosene and 1/2 pint of two-stroke oil.

Kerosene is domestic heating oil, not to be confused with parrafin which is totally different. Petrol is a spirit and burns very dry so adding the two-stroke oil gives lubrication. Don't forget that petrol 'goes off' if stored for any length of time so when mixing your 'TVO' only make up enough for what you need at any one time.

Good for you Cerin :)

Good job its a T20, anything bigger and you'd need something bigger than a garage to keep it in :D

Cheers Mark just fits in my gargage i hope  :D

so you got her then cerin, nice one mate, your mum did mention about a tvo when she sent me a pm a few weeks back

Cheers Sean

Did she now i didnt know about that :D

what brilliant news... well done Cerin... I can't wait to see her in all her glory..

You are a nice lad who deserves nice things - I'm so pleased to hear that you've entered the world of tractor ownership - and with an Historic tractor too - so... please don't be too long in posting up the pictures when she arrives

Thanks Marky

Its going to be fun i hope  ;D but yeah pictures and videos to come ;)

Recipe for TVO mix, 1 gallon petrol mixed with 3 gallons of kerosene and 1/2 pint of two-stroke oil.

Kerosene is domestic heating oil, not to be confused with parrafin which is totally different. Petrol is a spirit and burns very dry so adding the two-stroke oil gives lubrication. Don't forget that petrol 'goes off' if stored for any length of time so when mixing your 'TVO' only make up enough for what you need at any one time.

Thanks for that very helpfull mate ;):)

see told you cerin , he's the man who knows things  ;):D