Cerin's Ferguson Te-20 --- Flossie , Massey Ferguson 165 And Nuffield DM4?

Massey Boy

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done on getting your first vintage tractor Cerin. I would recommend the NFU for insurance. I have my five tractors insured fully comprehensive and at certain values with them. Last year the premium was £ 193.72 in total which is quite reasonable.

cerin just be careful if you going to use the tvo. the petrol is used to get her warmed up then you switch over to the tvo, if you switch over too soon it aint good for the engine. if you are just going to have the tractor to run about in/take to rallies you would be safer stick to the petrol as if the tractor is not being worked she will not be properly warmed,in turn wrecking your engine ;)

if going to work a long day ploughing a field then thats when tvo comes in ;) ;)

Davy

There's no real damage you can do to a petrol/TVO engine by turning over too soon, if the engine is not hot enough to vaporise the TVO then it will just splutter to a stop. You may get a bit of carboning up of the electrodes on the plugs and have the inconvenience of having to drain the carbourettor and float chamber of TVO and then 'bleeding' it through with petrol but thats it really.

• 2 weeks later...

what a stunner ! well done cerin , looks a beauty, all present & correct i see, & as for that 1 penny, it has a ring of the famous toss of the coin that harry ferguson sold his part of the company to massey harris for  :) now the fun really starts for you in trying to find ferguson implements to go with it !

plough first then trailer , then cultivator , then potato planter, then a potato spinner ,then a fingerbar mower , then the kale cutter rake then the leveling scraper, then a transport box , then a ................................. ;)

WOWSERS  :o :o - what a stunner Cerin... and 51% for a penny... it's not what you know it's who you know I reckon... you lucky fella...

So... can we get mum to video you on her next please... we want a FULL report on driving impressions... in actual fact... we want Flossie, Flossie, Flossie from now onwards...

I'm working at the momnent.. I only signed on to see if you had your pics up yet  ;D

what a stunner ! well done cerin , looks a beauty, all present & correct i see, & as for that 1 penny, it has a ring of the famous toss of the coin that harry ferguson sold his part of the company to massey harris for  :) now the fun really starts for you in trying to find ferguson implements to go with it !

plough first then trailer , then cultivator , then potato planter, then a potato spinner ,then a fingerbar mower , then the kale cutter rake then the leveling scraper, then a transport box , then a ................................. ;)

Thanks Marcus

Yeah i think the drive will be full up with implements soon, farm sales here i come  :D 

Super Buy Cerin. I hope you enjoy her.

I insure Penny with NFU - it's about £35 fully comp for 12 months.

Thanks Kev i will  ;D

I think my mum is getting it insured with NFU toaday

oh yeah you also need a pair of white overalls that ferguson demonstrator drivers used to wear  :)

You find some then !:D

thats nice cerin.  so its a field next i take it ...   :D :D :D;D

Cheers Rich

Yeah hopfully :D :D :D

Wow shes a minter mate, really nice, that spreader looks intresting, not seen many like that about

Yeah cheers Adam

There quite rare spreader i think not sure need some more info on it :)

WOWSERS  :o :o - what a stunner Cerin... and 51% for a penny... it's not what you know it's who you know I reckon... you lucky fella...

So... can we get mum to video you on her next please... we want a FULL report on driving impressions... in actual fact... we want Flossie, Flossie, Flossie from now onwards...

I'm working at the momnent.. I only signed on to see if you had your pictures up yet  ;D

Yeah and you know what it means with the penny  ::):D

Yep will get a video , well driving is quite good there are 2 problems number 1 the clutch needs altering as its way too jumpy and the gears are sometimes a bit hard but there ok ;)

Will get the serial numbers to you soon :)

tidy number there cerin, at least you aint got to do any major work on her eh

Yeah very true Sean  :)

A 35 next i think to do up  :D

Lovely looking tractor you've aquired Cerin, looks an absolute treat with the spreader on the back, hope you have fun driving her mate. :)

Yep very true David, i will  :)

She is  a  tidy tractor mate well done

spinner looks  smart too  have you tried it yet?

be  handy for spreading slug pellets around your mams  flowers  ;) ;) ;)

Thanks yeah sure is  :)

Nope and i dont rekon i will, but sounds like a good plan you have there :D

Veeerrryyyy nice little Fergie you have there Cerin.  I am green with envy as I would just love to own her.  Will we perhaps see her at the Fergie Running day next year? (Yes, there is a club)

Yep you can come round for a drive anyday :) umm dont know ?

is Flossie away in the garage now then Cerin... ??? - any more pictures for me to drool and dribble over ???  :P :P

Yep she is  ;) Not really will get you more when she is next out  :)

Very clean tractor Cerin :o Any plans to display it at any rallies etc?

Took her for a blast up the road yet :D

Yeah it is  :) Yeah rallys, road runs, shows, and ploughing matches when i get a plough ;D

Not yet  :D

Nice looking buy and so nice to see a tractor with an implement too.

Yeah it gives it that bit extra really  :)

She looks verry good Cerin!

Nice to see you are smiling on her ;)

Yeah, yeah i cant stop smiling  :)

Yep you can come round for a drive anyday :)umm dont know ?

There is one here in the South and they have a meet this week near Eastleigh.  I will try to get a contact name/tel no for you.

There is also the Ferguson Owners Club - I see they are going to be at the Mid-Somerset Show at Shepton on 16th August.  Mmmmm may even attend myself!

http://www.fergusonclub.com/calendar/events.php