Britains 2010 Releases

nathan

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Britains never went away, they just had a bit of a lean period starting in the late 90's with the likes of the Same Rubin and the Renault Cergos and in my opnion they started to get better when the MF 1505 and JD 7020 and the like came out around 04/05. The current stuff and the models on the way are a step up again from thses though, good for Britains I say, now just need to do something with the boxes and the stooopid bloody packaging, it would be nice to see an updated version of the Straw box, and a return to the blow moulded tray that fits around the tractor.

Don't wish to jinx things, but it looks like Britains are back!!  :of 

F*&%*%£ ACE!!!!  :laugh:

Britains never went away, they just had a bit of a lean period starting in the late 90's with the likes of the Same Rubin and the Renault Cergos and in my opnion they started to get better when the MF 1505 and JD 7020 and the like came out around 04/05. The current stuff and the models on the way are a step up again from thses though, good for Britains I say, now just need to do something with the boxes and the stooopid bloody packaging, it would be nice to see an updated version of the Straw box, and a return to the blow moulded tray that fits around the tractor.

God James, you're soooooo serious...  ???  ::)  ;)  :laugh:

I agree it would be nice to go back to the moulded tray with the clear moulded cover, that was probably as good as Britains packaging ever got... these ruddy wire ties and random bits of cardboard packing are a right pain in the ar&e... I do still like the UH/Ros packaging though.... snug and sturdy.... one thing at a time mind, let's let Britains enjoy the glory of apparently getting the models right again before we start complaining about the boxes!!!!  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

see if britains listened to me in 80s when i used to write to "black horse lane"

i suggested then to do IHs tractors but never got a reply i could have run that company ha ha! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

(i wish) good reviews so far on these new models they have been dying to be done

for years now ,shame they wont re-introduce the 784 and 1690 but this is a huge step in

the right direction i can only praise those involved in this new tooling

keep up the good work britains  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

this is brilliant i wouldnt be a massive Case man but they look really good, its kind of restarting the nostalgia for britians when i was a kid, a huge step in the right direction,  i'm still worried that something small will ruin it. but it looks like they've been listening to people like us screaming for modern classics :)

I was a little upset that Briatains never made certain tractors during my childhood, I used to think why cannot they make a International or in them days a John Deere also David Browns and Leylands was quite common around these parts then and i prayed that Britains would make one...

I had most of there early 80s tractors but i always thought there was gaps, it looks like them gaps are starting to be filled.. Well done Britains... ;)

see if britains listened to me in 80s when i used to write to "black horse lane"

i suggested then to do IHs tractors but never got a reply

I think I may have made a similar request in the 70's (574/674),  but of course, at that time Ertl already had the exclusive IH and JD licences tied down securely.  The possibilities of IH and JD models only came about when Ertl took over.

Not surprised they didn't reply; they apparently used to get over 200 letters a week.

i think i did to nigel, for a mf690 from memory again no reply ;D ;D

i always remember on the back of the britains catologues the adress to write to

im sure it was "black horse lane" "laugh out loud" :)  I asked for a IH 674 and 784 flat deck

over 2 or 3 years

yea obviously ERTL had all the rights to IH and DB at the time

i wonder how many of the melthem 90s were exported to the USA

to woarrent ERTL to manufacture the 1690 and the 784 from doncaster

• 3 weeks later...

going to have to get 2 956xl's make 1 a 856xl though wonder what dave twose is thinking since people will rather buy the britains 956 than his 856

Could say that about a lot of models coming out though, Colin Moore makes Ford 7810s and Brian Norman does MF 1200s, both of which UH are bringing out

going to have to get 2 956xl's make 1 a 856xl though wonder what dave twose is thinking since people will rather buy the britains 956 than his 856

one one hand its cr4p , but on the other i will be able to buy a 956 xl cheaper than it costs to get the resin parts made, there are plenty of other ih tractors out there with this type of cab , have a few plans , i would exspect a david brown soon as i have made a few and been popular and there are people sat in offices paid alot of money to think of new ideas just sufing the web ? but i am not bitter "laugh out loud" :) , us builders are cutting edge ??? ? ;D

one one hand its cr4p , but on the other i will be able to buy a 956 xl cheaper than it costs to get the resin parts made, there are plenty of other ih tractors out there with this type of cab , have a few plans , i would exspect a david brown soon as i have made a few and been popular and there are people sat in offices paid alot of money to think of new ideas just sufing the web ? but i am not bitter "laugh out loud" :) , us builders are cutting edge ??? ? ;D

Thats right dave we can improvise where they cant ive got some ideas aswell

shame they diddnt do a "doncaster" tractor though instead we have a fine "neuss" classic though any more update in these IH/CIH tractors anybody ???

• 1 month later...

looks good for britains....another few minor improvements as you,s have said and people should be happy enough...and hopefully the bonnet will be of good enough standard to do an odd conversion with as the 6480 is an extremely good  selling tractor for MF