TRACKED Massey Ferguson 8280,finished

:) This is my interpretation of what a MF 8280 T might have looked like if Massey had carried on with the project

SitTingchap1.jpg

SitTingchap2.jpg

SitTingchap3.jpg

SitTingchap4.jpg

SitTingchap5.jpg

SitTingchap6.jpg

Basically it's a Siku 8280 Extra with a Britains JD 8430 floor plate,surprisingly the Fergy cab almost fitted straight on the JD floor,i just filed a notch out of each side,I have photo's if anybody wants a look,had to make moulds to cast the idlers,as you can see the main drive wheels are off an STX,I actually bought an 8720 Extra a year ago,but it looked to nice to cut up,so I bought that 8280 off of E-bay,got the front anr rear linkages from PMA,and thank you Mandy,for the rear looking driver,and cheers Tris for his name,you called Mandy's toolbox less guy Stan Dingchap,so my guy's called Sit Tingchap  ;D ;D ,any questions,fire away.

Regards

Joe.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonderful conversion.. I like that a lot.  Would have been nice if MF had made a range of models like that for real... still I suspect it would be a conflict of interest with other models in the Agco stable  :-\

I'll bet their kicking themselves now though,with all the compaction issues

Youve realy done a great job on this one mate ;)

Glad you take the idea what you already said to me in a PM it turned out wel!

Hi Johny,it's over a year ago I wondered if you would like to try makeing one ;D

And thank you everyone else for your nice comment's

Regards

Joe.

superb model, i still dont get why they didnt carry it on but johndeere never carried on with the H trac and T trac they did

The H tracks were made by stocks and John Deere beurocracy said that it conflicted with there own T models.

Well having seen some of the work in progress photos Joe i can see you have been busy on your two week holiday ;) ;) ....despite MF not being a favourite brand for me I have to say you have come up with a cracking looking model job. Mind having seen your other coversions I would expect no less of you. I don't suppose you will have it up for sale at the Balado Steam in the park next week end though ;D ;D

I did not think she would be Joe ;) ;)

I would like to come down for the Sunday but it will be dependant on what I get done during the evenings at home outside next week.I'll PM you closer to the time. No doubt there will be a bunch of steam heads down from Aberdeen and the shire ;) ;)

::) Don't suppose you can remember which magazine it featured in,can you David  ???::)

Regards

Joe.

I could be wrong Joe but the photograph of the real machine that sticks in my mind was in a "What's New" show report from Tractor & Machinery. I'll endeavour to dig it out for you and scan it up as i've just sorted out my collection of 13 years worth of copies into date order recently.

Here's a photograph of the machine i've found on the toytractorshow website.

http://www.toytractorshow.com/mt_700.htm

;) Thanks Brian,David you are a star,FTF twitcher right enough,as far as I could discover there are only four pictures of that tractor two taken at Sima ?? Germany 1999,one taken in a car park ?? http://www.farmphoto.com/thread.aspx?mid=177388#177388

And this silver White one http://www.farmphoto.com/thread.aspx?mid=273141

generaly regarded as a photoshopped version of the one you sent in your thread,hopefuly a ones in the magazine will be different,I would really like to see what the back end looks like :-[

Regards

Joe.

;) Thanks Brian,David you are a star,FTF twitcher right enough,as far as I could discover there are only four pictures of that tractor two Regards

Joe.

Your welcome Joe, i'll have a proper look for the article tommorow afternoon when i've finished work. The photograph that's stuck in my head is a more "three quarter" frontal view.

:( Ah David,I hope you check here before ruumageing through your back copies,as I think the photo in the magazine is probably the same as the the one in the top right of this wee colage

Hannover1999.jpg

looks like the two on the right were taken at the same time,Agritechnica Hannover 1999,bottom left,somebody just got lucky,and top left ic obviously a photoshopped copy of the one bottom right.

Very nice, Joe. Something well and truly out of the ordinary that is. Nice to see aswell. Looks like a fair bit of work to get it to this stage and I dare say it has paid off  8) 8)

Cheers Tris,some bits were fairly easy,like the MF cab fitting straight (nearly ) onto the JD floor pan,but moulding and casting the idlers was tricky,specially drilling the 0.9mm holes in the dead centre

very nice and something different

Cheeres Paul,started thinking about it last March :-[ ,originally bought an 8270 Extra,but that looked to nice to cut and shut,

Regards

Joe.

:( Ah David,I hope you check here before ruumageing through your back copies,as I think the photo in the magazine is probably the same as the the one in the top right of this wee colage

Hannover1999.jpg

looks like the two on the right were taken at the same time,Agritechnica Hannover 1999,bottom left,somebody just got lucky,and top left ic obviously a photoshopped copy of the one bottom right.Cheers Tris,some bits were fairly easy,like the MF cab fitting straight (nearly ) onto the JD floor pan,but moulding and casting the idlers was tricky,specially drilling the 0.9mm holes in the dead centre Cheeres Paul,started thinking about it last March :-[ ,originally bought an 8270 Extra,but that looked to nice to cut and shut,

Regards

Joe.

yeah the siku 8270 xtra is an underated model,i did mess about with it a bit,i glazed the cab and changed the mirrors

Hannover1999.jpg

looks like the two on the right were taken at the same time,Agritechnica Hannover 1999,bottom left,somebody just got lucky,and top left ic obviously a photoshopped copy of the one bottom right.Cheers Tris,some bits were fairly easy,like the MF cab fitting straight (nearly ) onto the JD floor pan,but moulding and casting the idlers was tricky,specially drilling the 0.9mm holes in the dead centre Cheeres Paul,started thinking about it last March :-[ ,originally bought an 8270 Extra,but that looked to nice to cut and shut,

Regards

Joe.