Whats your latest general buy 2011?

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what so your the pick up man now then??? or tell us the truth the smart car

Well mate.... I've got all three at the minute... my plan is to off road the BM in the winter... use the smart car to go to work and back (6 miles or so).. save some money on 6 months tax on the BM... keep it for the odd few summer days where you can have the roof down... and run the pickup as well of course... Diane doesn't like the BMW... but she likes the Smart and the Rodeo... so it's every man for himself in the mornings to get your choice of car keys first  :D :D

i bet it is bud, be you first in the rodeo then?? or will you snag the smarty car

I'm really not that fussed mate to be honest... I like them both really... I had a Smart car when they first came out (left hooker... import)... I'll be happy in either motor to get to work & back.

I currently pay about £60 per week to run my BM to work and back 7 days a week... 12 mile round trip... tops  :of:-[ ...

Smart car is tax (road fund licence) free... cheap to insure and does 65 mpg so they say  :of

sensible it seems to be honest, short journeys and crap roads you can hardly overtake on anyway at that time!......i can see you in the smart car with that hat you have, the one you wore on the 240 years ago!!!.....................at least now i can keep up with you! ;D ;D ;D

I like your idea Mark. With the state of the roads in this country you can drive the Smart car until the suspension, tyres, rims and steering is all totally w****d out and then by that time you'd have save enough money to drive the 4x4 to work along all the what would then be 'dirt roads'.

Ideal  :):laugh: :laugh:

Rodea eh, local NH salesman has one of them on an 07. Smart looking bit of kit too, not sure what the service history has been like but he near as damn itl ives in the thing so I expect it's a high miler but it looks well enough.

Our old blonde bull developed foot problems after 11 years service(ing..!!!).... ;):laugh: :laugh: 

Found a replacement on a farm near Ashford,and after numerous tests we collected him last thursday.

25080pi.jpg

ruv5oh.jpg

wbb7eb.jpg

We've christened him........"Earl".......... 8) 8)

He's a brute John, how old is he?

We just had to buy another blonde bull after ours ran out of performance  :-\  our new one is nicknamed "flash" after the rick mayall character in blackadder, big, loud and full of himself  :P

We just had to buy another blonde bull after ours ran out of performance  :-\  our new one is nicknamed "flash" after the rick mayall character in blackadder, big, loud and full of himself  :P

Good question Pat,........will find out tomorrow........ :-[:-[ :-[ ... ;)

Britax mini light bar (model A100.00.L for those who want to google it) .. bloody good it is too... on the same day I had one I ordered from RS Components turn up as well  :-[  .. although that one is a 'standard' beacon... but Xenon rather than a standard bulb..

Also... picked up my topper today.... more on that tomorrow when I get it on Mavis  :)

Oh and a poster thingy which I am yet to open..... I only ordered it on Monday as well off the net  :-[

He's 19 months Pat,......and he had his first service yesterday,...........................didnt muck about,.... :of :of :of

After 25 years of loyal service old "Wesley",...(our pressure washer/steam cleaner[the steamer packed up years ago])

finally got retired..

2gu9roj.jpg

It was so bloody heavy that you either wheeled it around or moved it on the pallet forks.No one in their right mind would want to nick it.

Its replacement however, needed a tad more security,.....

2exple9.jpg

Made use of an old 300 gallon tank,..and an hour with the disc cutter and welder.

Took just as long to anchor it to the floor as it did to make it.....

1zcfv5g.jpg

I picked up a rucksack today ready for my week walking on the Pennine Way next month, i had my heart set on Osprey bag which was £90........I got a bag with similar features but a little smaller in Lidl for £17.99 :of  just got to put some miles on it full of stuff to make sure it's up to the job ;)

paul i might have missed this, but the Pennine way runs next to my house, (in Liverpool) i thoroughly recommend avoiding that bit of it, I only feel safe if I've got Roxy (rottweiler x staffy) with me... failing that if you need a place to stay while walking that bit let me know...

A new strimmer for the garden, my old one was a Black and Decker and was handed down to me after my father died in 1999 so I suppose it didn't owe me anything. Got a Flymo version this time and I hope it lasts me as long ;) ;)

He's 19 months Pat,......and he had his first service yesterday,...........................didnt muck about,.... :of :of :of

So he's only really just got started then John  ;D  hopefully he gives you a good few years of service  :P

I picked up a rucksack today ready for my week walking on the Pennine Way next month, i had my heart set on Osprey bag which was £90........I got a bag with similar features but a little smaller in Lidl for £17.99 :of  just got to put some miles on it full of stuff to make sure it's up to the job ;)

Well the Lidl bag only lasted one 12mile walk >:(  so I took it back and put the £17.99 towards my new Osprey Kestrel 48, i found the 48 litre version online for £20 cheaper than the rrp on the 38 litre :of  with free postage and payment via paypal 8)

The extra space means I can now take enough pants ans socks for the week ;D