What's your most prized model?

I'm pretty sure we've had a topic like this before but I can't find it, anyway no harm in having a fresh one for newer members. We all have that one model (or maybe even two or three) in our collection that we have a soft spot for.

For me, it's the resin New Holland TG285 that was only given to NH dealers at a meeting in 2002, 800 were made. Having been a big Ford fan, most of the modern NHs had left me fairly unimpressed but this really caught my attention and helped to reignite my interest. Ended up paying about €200 for one on eBay but delighted to have done so

:-[:-[ I had one of them models but bined it afther it fell off the shelf sod it all. :-[:-[

Ollies most prized model..........MF coloured Tri axle hookloader with lime spreader and silage bodys made by Jason Cutts.I've had it for years but every time I look at it I just fall in love all over again.

Ooh what a question!

I think it must be the 1930s Farmers Gig, near mint, with its original box....

....No, perhaps it is the 1930s log wagon with the fur foot shaft horse....

....On the other hand I love the [original] Tumbrel cart...

...the Plough set from 1930s...

...or the later (1990s) Home Farm Plough set...

Cannot make up my mind - I love all of them. 8)

Well for me my most prized models would be my three rarest and most expensive ones but I would not say they were my  most favourite ones ;) ;)

First would be Britains No 9528 the Hesston 580DT issued in 1980. Only 2,000 models produced and all exported to the USA

22032010008.jpg

Second would be No 5559 the Real Milk Tanker USA. Issued in 1989 and all went to the USA although I'm not sure on the number of them.

22032010010.jpg

Third would be No 5560 the Deutz-Allis tractor from 1987/88 again only issued in the USA and marked the merger of Deutz and Fahr

ST834160.jpg

for me... an Ertl MF2775 in 1:64 scale... the one and only model that has remained in tact from my childhood days... my mum has a box of 'mullered' Britains models... but this one is the only complete one I have.

It's not about the financial value of a model for me.... sentimental value 'top trumps' money for me any day  ;) ;)

for me... an Ertl MF2775 in 1:64 scale... the one and only model that has remained in tact from my childhood days... my mum has a box of 'mullered' Britains models... but this one is the only complete one I have.

It's not about the financial value of a model for me.... sentimental value 'top trumps' money for me any day  ;) ;)

spoken as a true old pensioner like yourself...

but of course you cant put a price on sentimental value...

for me, 3 ways are possible. most valuable would be my last purchase - NH T9.670 gold, 25-30 made. However i have a model in my collection that i payed more for - Ford Jubilee - product miniature, 50's with box. And finally the models that hold sentimental value, that would be a few that are on order with one of the best scratchbuilders out there (yes, Dave Purdue of course). tractors i have driven on my dad's farm.

Well for me my most prized models would be my three rarest and most expensive ones but I would not say they were my  most favourite ones ;) ;)

see typical accountant, the topic title says "whats your most prized model "

and definitely not models  ::) ::)::) ::)::) ::) oil industry must be in a hell of a state  with you doing its books bill  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

for me i guess at present its my chestnut minitures mf 510 combine, to the best of my knowledge only 25 made, seeing as myself and mark had the last two and mines 24, his 25. lovely bit of model making, very well detailed, and a model myself and marky were chasing for 2 or 3 years before we got one

The problem I have with words is I speed read Sean....The second sentence FNHIR wrote mentioned "or maybe 2 or even 3"...well that put me off on numbers and went 123 ;) ;) ...the last time I looked Halliburton were doing ok ;D ;D

I have a few prized model's in my little collection,but,my personal favourite is,

SchluterProfiGigant.jpg

my Schlüter Profi Gigant,the level of detail on this model is incredible,helped no doubt by the fact the guy who commissioned it also owns the real deal

So I have to ask this Joe where does your latest creation the "Terragator" feature in the 1 to 10 list so to speak ??? ???

I must have mentioned this creation to a few folk at the Treetops Hotel today when I was there basically trying to promote the Marriott show..alll seemed very interested as well ;D ;D

This is mine !

I have many that could be listed under this heading but this 2005 Agritechnica model has to be number one , because it was the first ever gold model that I purchased and took a bit of finding after I first saw it in the Farm and Site Models magazine Jan/Feb 2006 !

post-1357-132639768884_thumb.jpg

So I have to ask this Joe where does your latest creation the "Terragator" feature in the 1 to 10 list so to speak ??? ???

I must have mentioned this creation to a few folk at the Treetops Hotel today when I was there basically trying to promote the Marriott show..alll seemed very interested as well ;D ;D

Ah Bill,the TerraGator,while it's a fair representation of the real machine,it has to take second place to the Schluter,as indeed any other model I buy / build would,unless I manage to pick up a Big Bud 747 at the original price,the Schluter is in my opinion THEE best detailed model out there to date,

my mf 8450 convo,love the real thing and the model i done

That 8450 looks really good Paul

Awsome model joe.(some times I go back to your topics just to look at that model)

ol,your the greatest guy on this forum  ;) ;)

Was that the model on sale at this years Zwolle Joe ??? 

No Mark,I put the dual's on that myself,never been near Zwolle,

http://www.farmtoysforum.com/forum/index.php/topic,31622.msg696842.html#msg696842

Regards

Joe.

For me it would have to be my Siku JD 6920s, not the best model ever made or anything like that, but i bought it back in 2006 after my friend bought a real one which i spent a week on in the summer holidays back in 2006 and loved every second, I just had to have the model for my carpet farm and i love it just as much as i love the real thing  :D

Nice topic, gives you some time to browse in your collection and find just those models with a sparkle. ;)

Foto-SX6TDBX4.jpg

MF 5455 Steepnose build by Jan Lodewijks, the only one in the world with dual wheels (that has to be rare I think ...)

Britains_Fiat_90-90DT_Bruin.jpg

Another special model (since I am a Fiatagri-fan) is this Britains Fiat 90-90 DT in brown.

Fiat_overzicht.jpg

I have several other Fiat models as well from Britains.

GroteFoto-YPLGWQCP.jpg

And last but certainly not least, this Britains Deutz DX4.57 conversion on flotation tyres. The cab roof has been sprayed white since this photo has been taken, looks just that much better.

15082010373.jpg15082010369.jpg it would have two be for me the 1200 they r just lovely

Would that be because you drive one in real life mate i seen your videos on youtube  ;) they are excellent tractors i had one pulling a 4m set of discs, found out it had an allis chalmers engine kicking out 180 horse, got a video on youtube of it  ;)