What machinery did you photograph today?

Niels

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, smithy said:

Good to see Matt is still at work doing a job that I am sure he likes :)

aye he still working smithy tractor mechanic five and a half days a week then the farm the rest we hardly see him living the dream he said:D

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, SPN said:

What make is the mower? Looks a strange contraption

I only snapped it with the phone on the way to work this morning in a rush. I don't know what brand the mowers are. But i will find out . 

1 hour ago, trigger82 said:

More like how many old /vintage/cars/,tractors are there to many.  Ha the one you ask about is a Mercedes 2door 

Looks like some moneys worth. I'd love a volvo Amazon as a barn find. 

Edited by L33 Da17on
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, L33 DA17ON said:

Was up at our farm today with my 4 year old daughter to get her to see the upbringing I had save to say shes not that keep. Hopefully my sone will show some interest. Anyway had to take a couple pics 20200516_161314.thumb.jpg.8bb2ed8adff52465e7691404feee0b1a.jpg20200519_173245.thumb.jpg.6dc6423134f3955da19644b29abdc9c1.jpg20200519_192313.thumb.jpg.025b6711a51f2fc1992b855b9ec7795f.jpg

Little 4100 looks  tidy Lee :)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Valley Axe Man said:

different is that Justin, Looks like a rake frame fitted with a pair of mowers.... wonder what the advantage of that is over a pair on the linkage...

I reckon less weight on the tractor Paul, they haven't conditioners so wouldn't need a big tractor on the front (or middle), id bet you'd power those with 150hp on flat going...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Valley Axe Man said:

different is that Justin, Looks like a rake frame fitted with a pair of mowers.... wonder what the advantage of that is over a pair on the linkage...

They do look strange Paul, just wondering if they follow the front mower better in corners without missing a strip as it looks like the wheels steer on it as a rake does. Also I suppose there's a lot less weight and stress on the back of your tractor when you're transporting them

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mb86 said:

I reckon less weight on the tractor Paul, they haven't conditioners so wouldn't need a big tractor on the front (or middle), id bet you'd power those with 150hp on flat going...

1 minute ago, 844john said:

They do look strange Paul, just wondering if they follow the front mower better in corners without missing a strip as it looks like the wheels steer on it as a rake does. Also I suppose there's a lot less weight and stress on the back of your tractor when you're transporting them

Weight be one thing true enough Martin,   though you could be on to something there John about following better

3 minutes ago, 844john said:

1 minute ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Weight be one thing true enough Martin,   though you could be on to something there John about following better

Most mounted ones have sideways movement for cornering, they shift across a bit so they don't leave that strip. 

• Like 1