Universal Hobbies 2012 - 1:32

AJH

People can only buy what they can afford - which is not always the same thing as what they want. UH suit many collectors, me included when they make what I am looking for. That said, once in a while you have to buy something that justifies a bit of overtime, or some birthday money and so on. Our cottage industry scratch builders and our conversion builders do just that I believe. I hope enough people can keep doing that in these hard times. I look foward to adding any model to my collection which is a scale replica of something I have used but that's even more special when it has been built on someone's workbench in a shed, attic and so on by a pair if hands over a period of weeks or months  :)

i have been lucky enough to get 14 dbp models of fords and countys and these form a major part of my favourite display. they are expensive but each one is special. That said i will also buy the uh fords as a lover of all things ford. it nice to have options available to all ends of the collectors market. Davids models are more pleasing because they also covered models that were not availble anywhere else. The uh are just nice because we all have tractors we like in model form.

the only consideration would be that that if the house burnt down would i save the wife or my dbp collection!!!!

post-1539-132640043839_thumb.jpg

i have been lucky enough to get 14 dbp models of fords and countys and these form a major part of my favourite display. they are expensive but each one is special. That said i will also buy the uh fords as a lover of all things ford. it nice to have options available to all ends of the collectors market. Davids models are more pleasing because they also covered models that were not availble anywhere else. The uh are just nice because we all have tractors we like in model form.

the only consideration would be that that if the house burnt down would i save the wife or my dbp collection!!!!

nice collection there richard and youve hit the nail on the head there,different makers, different models,choice for all,and that is what its all about

Cant we just say UH models are ok and not bad for the price, if i purchased a 1/32 model for 40 quid i would expect a 1/32 model of the same tractor for 100+ quid will be slightly better!!!, you get what you pay for, looking at my old 80s Britains models i think the likes of UH and Britains have come a long way.. :)

The new UH County will be around 45 quid i reccon. Not a bad price for a long awaited COUNTY. The old Britains Countys are making stuipd money on EBAY. Maybe the realise of UHs County 1474 might bring the value on the very unaccurate Britains Versions down a wee bit and the PowerFarm TWs alike. Ok so they were good in their day, but are a bit over rated now in my opoinion . I aint going to fork out 100 quid + for a Britains County,be it yellow or PF white. So i cant wait for the UH model. :P

Cant we just say UH models are ok and not bad for the price, if i purchased a 1/32 model for 40 quid i would expect a 1/32 model of the same tractor for 100+ quid will be slightly better!!!, you get what you pay for, looking at my old 80s Britains models i think the likes of UH and Britains have come a long way.. :)

The new UH County will be around 45 quid i reccon. Not a bad price for a long awaited COUNTY. The old Britains Countys are making stuipd money on EBAY. Maybe the realise of UHs County 1474 might bring the value on the very unaccurate Britains Versions down a wee bit and the PowerFarm TWs alike. Ok so they were good in their day, but are a bit over rated now in my opoinion . I aint going to fork out 100 quid  for a Britains County,be it yellow or PF white. So i cant wait for the UH model. :P

To be honest ,im just glad a County & a few TWs are available again in 1/32 & affordable to all collecters. Ok so they have a fault or 2 like the narrow wheels manly in my view & the unusual 2wd versions might be a turn off for some. I dont mind about the rear linkage cause obviously UH are also thinking about the need to attach their own emplements which matters more to the majority of collecters & carpet farmers alike. They cant suit everyones needs,but ill have no problem opening the wallet for these. And bare in mind there will be 2 TW-25s to chose from also near the end of 2012.  ;)

Prices are up on G&M and look very reasonable - 32.50 for the TW/8830 and 34 for the County.

Anyone offering to put some bigger boots and front mud guards on the 8830 - I'd be keen as mustard for this and would do myself if I wasn't so cack handed!?