Whats your latest Farm/Construction buy 2012

Gav836

My most recent buy was from E Bay. I found a Universal Hobbies Krone Optimat spreader. I've been wanting one since they came out, but I was also very disappointed that it was made with a "Continental" drawbar. I had hoped to display it on one of my UH Super Majors or The Ford 5000 as both are from the same era.

Vicon used to make one identical to the Krone back in the 1960's. We had a Vicon one known as a Buffalo. It didn't have a stone guard on the front, so there was little fear of falling asleep while you were spreading with it. Being pelted with the odd stone made sure of that.

The Vicon we bought was marketed as a dual purpose machine. It came with hay ladders, lades or whatever you call them, and a rear floor extension. It was quite narrow for use as a trailer and if you look at the pictures you will see some side supports with the ends turned outwards. They were made that way so they could be removed and turned round so they supported the sides to make a width ways floor extension. The sides were then angled upwards to support the load.

The beaters were held on by "Over centre" clamps making them easy to remove. It was a good idea at the time and but they never really caught on. Ours was traded in for a Howard 100 Rotaspreader, towed by a Ford 3000. Before the Vicon we had a Bamfords FY4? wheel driven spreader.

Sorry, I'm drifting off into the past again. Happy days!

The other most recent acquisition was bought for me by my brother. A Universal Hobbies County 1474 in 1/32. Luvverly bit of kit!

another good haul Bill just dont overload the car for the homeward journey

The car was fairly full Brian apart from the passenger seat but it made its final run from Lanark (for me anyway) ok 8)

is there any left to buy Bill? i just managed the one yesterday ;D

Oh yes David ...Graham & Michelle had still to load some boxes for their homeward run ;D ;D ...my big spends to be in September at Lanark at the back end of the year and in the Spring time when G&M come to Perth.

My most recent buy was from E Bay. I found a Universal Hobbies Krone Optimat spreader. I've been wanting one since they came out, but I was also very disappointed that it was made with a "Continental" drawbar. I had hoped to display it on one of my UH Super Majors or The Ford 5000 as both are from the same era.

Vicon used to make one identical to the Krone back in the 1960's. We had a Vicon one known as a Buffalo. It didn't have a stone guard on the front, so there was little fear of falling asleep while you were spreading with it. Being pelted with the odd stone made sure of that.

The Vicon we bought was marketed as a dual purpose machine. It came with hay ladders, lades or whatever you call them, and a rear floor extension. It was quite narrow for use as a trailer and if you look at the pictures you will see some side supports with the ends turned outwards. They were made that way so they could be removed and turned round so they supported the sides to make a width ways floor extension. The sides were then angled upwards to support the load.

The beaters were held on by "Over centre" clamps making them easy to remove. It was a good idea at the time and but they never really caught on. Ours was traded in for a Howard 100 Rotaspreader, towed by a Ford 3000. Before the Vicon we had a Bamfords FY4? wheel driven spreader.

Sorry, I'm drifting off into the past again. Happy days!

The other most recent acquisition was bought for me by my brother. A Universal Hobbies County 1474 in 1/32. Luvverly bit of kit!

blimey williams back ,good to see you mate, hope alls well, we had a buffalo on ash tree, but it did have a stone guard on it, home made i think, never good when a stone comes flying back through the non exsisting flex cab rear screen on the 165 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: dont think it was ever removed and used as a trailer though, just left for spreading, got traded in for a kidd fymax

I have bought the Britains CX6090 at long last...apart from the wheels and header its a completely different model to the old CX, so not a tweak of the casting at all, as I had thought before. Although a quite basic model, it has some nice touches such as the exhaust detail, and the multi function handle picked out in red. Also the hinges on the grain tank lids are well represented, though its a shame they don't open. All in all a nice model and worth the £30. Nice to see a smaller combine coming out from Britains. I'm still surprised it sneaked up to be honest with little fanfare/warning.

britains; ford 7600, 6600. new holland t8040, t8.390. u/h ford tw 35 super q, and tw 25 force 11. u/h deutz ttv 430 and volvo bm 705 [red]. replica agri fiat 110-90, wiking deutz ttv 630 and a weise deutz dx 6.31.

You've really got the bug bad Chris.

this new holland t 6090,before its parcelled up from ernest does

well it turned up today,and not overly happy,it came from ernest does sudbury branch,the original picture was sent by does as i wanted to make sure it was in a dealer box,i spotted a mark on the front wheel,but thought it might just be camera flash or something,anyway on opening the box the front wheel was marked but luckily i could wipe it off,it was very dusty,and strangely from the picture to delivery,its lost one of the beacons,and its not in the box,so a quick phone call and i politely asked why it was dusty and why a beacon was missing,they admitted that it had been on display out of the box,but in a cabinet,now its not the end of the world,as i will probably weather it anyway,and some tractors dont look good with 2 beacons anyway,but i just wished they had told me it had been taken out of the box,some people just like to display and for that purpose it was dusty and a beacon missing,in their defence they did say that they would fully refund me,but thats hassle,as these models dont travel very well and that i would have to pay the postage!!!!!!!! also why is the beacon on the model and when i got it the beacon is nowhere to be seen,they must have took it out of the box again,but why?,anyway i have now cleaned it up,and its looking okay

post-1769-0-10345300-1349284353_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-40420500-1349284362_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-60196300-1349284609_thumb.jp

post-1769-0-84002300-1349284697_thumb.jp

Edited by paulali