Whats your latest general buy 2012?

more car parts today, a facet fuel pump (red top competition spec, if you're bothered!) to feed the engine in the mini, (at full chat it will monster 45gallons an hour bear in mind minis have a 7.5 gallon tank, "you plonker rodney") a malpassi filter king fuel filter/ pressure regulator, as the pump will kick out at 8psi when the carb wants 3-5psi and some banjo fuel fittings for the carbs. still on the scout for some ignition components...

right have just taught myself (via t'internet) how to run the c20xe off a vaccuum advance distributor, so, I have bought, mkII cavalier 1.6s distributor, coil, accuspark electronic ignition (to replace the dreaded points) accuspark HT leads and king lead, NGK plugs. it's been an expensive weekend.

Upgraded my mobile phone Wednesday, I'm now in the 21st Century getting a Huawei Ascend G300 smartphone. The phone was free, same monthly tarriff as my old Nokia but with increased 'plan', 300 minutes free calls, 500 texts and 500MB of internet per month, that's a bonus. Was a no-brainer decision really, Set it up to connect to WiFi and use the 'net for free, import your email account to it and loads more. The instructions that come with it are very vague so Googling the phone and looking at the reviews and the PDF instructions on the 'net you get all the info you need. Anyone looking to upgrade to their first smartphone I'd recommend you to take a look at this one if you're wanting to keep to a tight budget. Comes in a very small box with a mains charger and a USB cable, the cable USB end plugs into the charger, the other end into the phone, the cable plugged into your PC and phone also charges it whilst your PC is on, they don't tell you that in the instructions.

I used to service cars in the evening, but now I've got the missus back I've come over all domestic! Which brings me to the subject of my latest eBay spree...

my house mate keeps lending my Dyson to his sister, who abuses it, (doesn't turn the brushes off when hoovering tiles) so as my tenancy is up at the end of June (Steph and I will be getting our own place..) I've decided I will replace all the worn parts etc (not until the night before we leave though!) and get it working back as new, so the new place can remain clean!

so new carpet beater brush, attachments (between house mate and his sister they've all gone missing or been broken), filters, clutch (which is currently slipping) and belts (which are stretched). most interestingly however, a tool for stretching and tensioning the drive belts during fitting and a Snap-On T-15 Male Torx screw driver... Dyson claim you need to pay a technician to fit all these bits, but hey, if I can build a range rover I think I'll chance my hand with the hoover!

What audio tapes have you got Sue?

Music?

Bit of Cliff Richard and Des O'Connor?!!

OH NOOOOOOOOO! from Pavarotti and Rachmaninov right down the Country and Blues. Never was a fan of Cliff or Des. The main reason I bought it was that I have the complete BBC radio series of Lord of the Rings which was a superb production and which I have been unable to listen to for years.

seen a few VW pick ups around, but never at a show room. What are they like?, maybe i need one of them instead of the roof box i've just had to buy for the golf! ;D ;D ;D

Well yesterday Mrs Nats and I went out for the day to the Balmoral show so I treated myself to this.

065.jpg

Untill I get it put up on the wall ive put it in my display cabinet which I think looks really well dont know what to do with it now ha ha!

066.jpg