Hlt Miniatures

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No problem Mandy, "That's my job" ;):)

Regards

Joe.

Yes I think if Joe had been a "prisoner of war" he would have been the camp scrounger since well I know anything I ask him about or for...off he goes and finds it ;D ;D

Sadly a lot of logos etc are now copyrighted and subject to licence. A classic case is the Ferrari badge. There is a model collectors club for Ferrari fanatics that has a magazine for members, They always had the Ferrari logo on the front page - what else? They were told by Ferrari (after many years) that they had to buy a licence to use it. Very short-sighted of Ferrari but guess how much...

...£50,000! (Yes that is fifty thousand)

RAF roundels are now also subject to licence.

This is a huge issue, Sue. I notice a lot of sellers putting JD, MF etc decals on eBay and one Dutch company sells the whole range. If anyone from those manufacturers spots them at best they'll get a warning, at worst a huge fine. This is one of the reasons we stopped putting tractor manufacturer decals on our stuff (like most people, I couldn't see why it would be a problem when it was only a small quantity). We were warned by a couple of people that a little while back a guy who made JD conversions was fined and had to cease trading.

Just an update. The electrics pack, aluminium ladder and oil tank will be available in approx 2 weeks' time.

My regular sculptor has now started the rest of the wild animals set (he'd already made the fox), so we should be able to incorporate birds, rabbits and foxes into our dios :)

Alan Caton (our ex Britains sculptor and the guy who made the foxhounds), is now working on this year's new figures and they should be available by the end of April.

How about Pheasant's and Lesser Black backed Gull's,you can't go near a field being ploughed without seeing loads of them,preferably with a pin hole through the Gull's,so you could suspend them from thin fishing line, :laugh:

Regards

Joe.

Archived