Robbo's Travels 2012 and beyond

robbo

They were then being tipped into and on site riddler to get more of the soil and tops off them before being loaded into bulkers

001-11.jpg

006-11.jpg

005-10.jpg

Apologies for this one as the sun got in the lens

004-11.jpg

The bulkers were then towed off the field by a John Deere where they could then be hitched to the lorry units

032-4.jpg

031-4.jpg

There were also a couple of the farmers own tractors and they are much smaller than the contractors machines

015-9.jpg

017-4.jpg

The topper was matched to a venerable old Massey Ferguson, nice to see the old girl still earning her keep. The old girl was working when I first got there but by the time I had finished nattering to the contracting gang the farmer had gone off for a brew ???:-[:-[

021-3.jpg

022-3.jpg

023-3.jpg

024-4.jpg

It also wouldn't be me without a Same creeping in at the end ::) ::) This old Silver 90 had a mounted set of discs and was leveling the ground after they had finished

034-3.jpg

035-4.jpg

Great photos robbo, nice mix of machines in that field as well. Poskitts had a nice long drive to your area, they grow some carrots on the lighter land near us, but it's only about 30mins from selby instead of 6 hours. Although my stepdad says he remembers Wilsons contracting from Preston bringing a forager to the far side of York by road, which must have been nearly as far

They certainly did have a long trip Patrick, the driver did tell me they also have another team operating near Thirsk at the moment and I think that will be somewhere near to you and David.

They were then being tipped into and on site riddler to get more of the soil and tops off them before being loaded into bulkers

001-11.jpg

006-11.jpg

005-10.jpg

Apologies for this one as the sun got in the lens

004-11.jpg

I've repaired the electrics on this grader a few times for Poskitts when they're lifting in the Thirsk area. Small world!

Today's find was a Ford 6810 Generation 3 on wide grass tyres with a spring tined grass harrow on the local football field

013-9.jpg

014-10.jpg

015-10.jpg

The last one has got my mode of transport in the background :police: :police: :police:

016-7.jpg

The one of the smelliest photos so far, but apparently it makes the grass grow like nothing else...............pig slurry :-X :-X The tanker is loaded through the top rather than being a suction tank

Tractors011-4.jpg

Tractors012-4.jpg

Tractors013-5.jpg

Tractors015-4.jpg

Tractors009-5.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't there something seriously wrong with the tank on that sprayer? It appears to have been flattened....

RHS boom seems lower too. Rolled?

Edited by jdc