Robbo's Travels 2012 and beyond

robbo

I have got quite a few photos to post this week and quite a few different colours.

Starting with a Valtra T151 injecting food waste into grassland, apparently the grass shows a growth spurt within days

The driver did apologise for the dirty condition but they had a pipe burst earlier in the day, to be fair I went past him again today and it was shining

Tractors002-7.jpg

Tractors004-5.jpg

Tractors006-6.jpg

The onto a Deutz Agrostar 6.08 with a power harrow/drill combination

Tractors012-5.jpg

Tractors013-6.jpg

Tractors014-5.jpg

Then today I came upon a large contracting gang injecting slurry, they run all John Deere tractors none of which are more than 2 years old but are expected to do up to 3000 hours in that time

Tractors027-1.jpg

Tractors028-1.jpg

They actually let me loose to have a drive in this one

Tractors029-1.jpg

Tractors030-1.jpg

Tractors031-1.jpg

Then the injection tractor and what a set of tyres she had on her, apparently they were £40,000 for the set :of :of :of but the drive reckoned she could almost walk on water ;D ;D ;D

Tractors032-1.jpg

Tractors034-1.jpg

Tractors035.jpg

They looked at an injection machine which retailed at £4000 but after having a demo and seeing how it was put together, they made their own..........and a good job it does too ^-^ ^-^ ^-^

Tractors040.jpg

Tractors039.jpg

Lucky you getting a test drive of a tractor Mike....did you need to get much tuition... :huh:

The gears have changed quite a bit since I last had a go, no more constant mesh crunching, but other than that I was just impressed with how quiet and easy it was. Don't forget that I was just driving in a straight line with nothing on the back so it wasn't as if I was actually working.

The camera has been red hot this week but then it is a busy time and farmers are out on the fields taking advantage of the good weather

Valtra N101 with front loader and 3 furrow Ransomes plough, one of the skimmers had just broken off on a boulder just before I got there

Tractors003-8.jpg

Tractors004-7.jpg

Tractors005-7.jpg

Tractors006-8.jpg

Tractors007-7.jpg

Tractors008-8.jpg

The on to another farm and a brand new Same Explorer 110, just been delivered earlier in the day

Tractors010-6.jpg

Tractors009-8.jpg

On one of the local stables I found this unusual Deutz Agroplus 70 with Nokian tyres

Tractors011-6.jpg

Tractors013-7.jpg

Parked up in the shed a venerable old Case IH 4240

Tractors012-7.jpg

• Like 1