Robbo's Travels 2012 and beyond

robbo

Lovely updates and probably one of the best for variety..... What a range of manufacturers and machinery to see around Cheshire. Love the Steiger, looks like that Knight wants everything the Strived can give it too! 8)

• 2 months later...

Whilst this isn't exactly tractor related .................this area is the old Burtonwood airfield and hasn't really been wild grass for a long time and hasn't been sprayed or fertilized, as a result there are a few lovely wild flowers

Vetch (I think)

015-11.jpg

016-8.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Went for a trip out this week to the Massey dealer, Pughs, I was looking to get the new UH 7624 but they didn't have it in stock, I got these instead though ::) ::)

Tractors001-8.jpg

Tractors003-9.jpg

Tractors004-8.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Then a bit of a disaster show, first a JD 6400 that got a bit hot and then a big cultivator with a bent drawbar

029-6.jpg

031-6.jpg

032-6.jpg

Back to normality now and a NH tractor and baler combination that has been hired in.

033-5.jpg

034-5.jpg

035-6.jpg

• Like 1

Considering this area is quite flat I was surprised to see a hillside combine but the operator assured me that even a 5 degree slope can make a difference

036-3.jpg

037-3.jpg

038-3.jpg

039-2.jpg

040-3.jpg

Unfortunately my camera battery went flat after that which was quite disappointing as I came across a NH7.220 and forage wagon a short time later, oh well, I will just have to go back again.....

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Nice updates, Mike. I like those two Sames working the grass ground. Nice big area they have got to get on with. Sky doesn't look to great over the other one though while he is busy ripping the ground up! I take it someone driving something big turned with the Simba in the ground did they?

• 2 weeks later...

I set off today to go to Southport Air Show which featured a display by the Red Arrows, (who I have loved since childhood). This is normally a 25-30 minute journey from my house but traffic was horrendous. After 2 hours we had only just gone through Ormskirk and it was still queuing with 7 miles left to Southport. We then made the decision to abandon the day and turned round and went back the scenic route which is when we came across a ploughing match at Rainford so at least the day was not a disaster after all.

Thankfully I had the camera and although there was not much out of the ordinary it was still a good day.

P1000188.jpg

P1000185.jpg

P1000184.jpg

P1000183.jpg

P1000182.jpg

P1000180.jpg

• Like 1