Robbo's Travels 2012 and beyond

robbo

On 5/13/2018 at 4:09 PM, robbo said:

Another local farmer had been doing some spraying for them, David Laley, this is also owned by the guy who has the Steiger, yet another reason to come over

Renault 160 (2).jpg

Fabulous tractor, definitely need a road trip over to see this and the rest of the tractors on this farm. :) :) 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

I have been away on my holidays for the last 2 weeks and I vcaught sight of an unusual looking tractor in a boat yard. I can't decide if it is a Forschritt or a Zetor, maybe someone else can help to ID it

Santorini (2).JPG

• Like 3

I also always have keen eye for my favourite marque and sure enough, I managed to spot on although it is at full magnification in a shed off the side of the road parked alongside a Fiat

Santorini (3).JPG

Santorini (1).JPG

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

A garden centre near to me has been running a charity tractor meet for the last couple of years and they are calling it "Tractoritis", a good name for this disease that infects us all. It is not a massive gathering but I went along today for a couple of hours to see what was there. It was mainly standard tractors of all ages but there were still a couple of interesting items.

IMG_2921.JPG

• Like 1

Two Leylands, one of which appeared to be some kind of shunter. The smaller 245 model was part way through a restoration and the owner described it as a work in progress, some wide tyres for such a small tractor though

Leyland (1).JPG

Leyland (2).JPG

Leyland (3).JPG

Leyland (4).JPG

Leyland (5).JPG

Leyland (6).JPG

• Like 6

And last but not least, the JD tractors.

I was slightly disappointed that there were no SDF tractors there, especially as the guy who used to be the local dealer was there, still, always another year next time

John Deere (1).JPG

John Deere (2).JPG

John Deere (3).JPG

John Deere (4).JPG

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Its getting a bit late in the season so I was quite surprised to see this combine out and just finishing off a field today. To be fair, the weather is windy but warm and dry so it has probably dried the crop out after the recent rains and they needed to get it in before the next predicted deluge.

They were just unhitching the header as I drove past and there was a full trailer of wheat in the field where they had just unloaded, then they were off to pastures new but I didn't have time to follow them

Claas terratrac (1).JPG

Claas terratrac (2).JPG

Claas terratrac (4).JPG

Claas terratrac (7).JPG

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Had a day out to the Cheshire Ploughing match at Knutsford today. There was the usual mix of old and newer machines, some having been restored and some in their working clothes. There were also a couple of unusual makes on show as well, I didn't know that Norton (of motorcycle fame) made tractors. Not the biggest but possibly the smallest one there

IMG_3553.JPG

IMG_3554.JPG

IMG_3555.JPG

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

now i could be wrong but that low ford cab looks a hell of a lot like the first gen mf300’s cab, door shape,roof top ,even the front lower windows, wonder if its a cobble together job buy its owner?? certainly never seen any other cab with that style 

I think you're right Sean, It looks like a 300 series cab to me as well, it actually doesn't look out of place on that Ford though. Seems like the Ford - Ferguson models were produced longer than i thought!;)

• Haha 1

I for the life of me can not remember who built them for massey , maybe lambourne ?? But either way bar the early lambourne  cabs on the 100 series and ford 4/5000’s very few after were the same between brands , only other place i have seen this shape/style is early landinis or the badge built IMT’s 

There were all sorts of new fangled ploughs with hydraulic adjustments but, one of the best looking plots was this old Nash and 2 furrow Huard plough that looked like it had been in use for donkey's years

IMG_3609.JPG

IMG_3611.JPG

IMG_3612.JPG

• Like 3