Model farming kit competition

civilpek

Think of all the years that Britains made Ford/Fordson models and never felt the need to build a service van to support them. They never needed to make a service van for Massey, Deutz, Fiat, Volvo, Valmet, etc., etc., etc.

As soon as someone starts making models of the John Q 20 series what happens?

Yep, crying kids, up and down the land, waiting for the John Q service van to turn up. Hardly surprising that they turned to Ford to get something reliable to transport the stressed out, overworked, John Q repair man to the scene of the latest fiasco.

::) ::)::)

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, the 9420T and solo are waiting for you, all 120ft of it :D :D :D :D :D :D ;) ;)

It does, there off a Siku 1/55th truck, I think I got mine off the white MB truck, low loader and 360 digger. They have a the same set in there catologue at the moment just in different colours ;) ;)

Right. I'll be down asap then Nath...... :D;) ;)

Think of all the years that Britains made Ford/Fordson models and never felt the need to build a service van to support them. They never needed to make a service van for Massey, Deutz, Fiat, Volvo, Valmet, etc., etc., etc.

As soon as someone starts making models of the John Q 20 series what happens?

Yep, crying kids, up and down the land, waiting for the John Q service van to turn up. Hardly surprising that they turned to Ford to get something reliable to transport the stressed out, overworked, John Q repair man to the scene of the latest fiasco.

::) ::)::)

::) ::)::) ::)::)

What a load of rubbish Nath, not exactly the biggest collection in the world is it? Bit on the shabby side condition wise too, do you operate a 'jump in and drive policy too'??

What am I talking about, no wonder you got a 6180 and a 6640 on the farm Nath, your spending all your money on the wrong scale!! You have some fantastic models in there, not going to begin by trying to analyse every photo but those that stick in my mind now are the Simba DD press and the other little conversion with it, the Unimog, the JD/Hardi rig, the Liebherr shovel, the Maschio/Accord combo, the plough with full set of discs, the 8400 precision, the pwerharrow/fron press combo's .... .Any thoughts on making a Vaderstadt 1210 out of two 620's??? Like to see that done, I got a mint set minus one wheel hub - could cut that up top make a 1210 if I can get another mint set of 620's.

this is the humble beginings of my moder kit i showed, here the jd 3040 was the newest tractor, now its the oldest on my modern farm.

the farm here is 250 acres, harvested by a mf 760 combine, lead away with mf200 trailers, baled with small bales (idiot cubes!) moved with a 6600 with loader. some land dragged with a superflow, the rest ploughed by a deutz 110 (only 4wd on farm) 3m powerharrows on a fiat 880 and a mf 595 knock the clay about.

the 6600 then drills with a mf 30 3m drill and then rolled with gang rollers.

top land working tractors have rear duels, new idea in this era, other people use cage wheels.

the 2640 2wd does the spraying and goes out contract spraying to cover the cost of the new rig.

fert is applyed with a vicon "happy dog" spreader, filled with 100weight bags (back breaking)

crops are wheet, barley and beans, 20 acres of grass for small head of beef. also 1000 head of pigs is fattened with 3 full time men as labour.

was just guessing that was the prob, at the end of the day its a mf (Manufacturing F**kup is how we discirbe them round here!) only old combine i could use as all my others are modern. driver must have been a fruit and veg man, working on a weekend farming ha ha!  it was nice getting the old classics out of the cabinets and displaying the in work positions. may do a mid 90's scene case 956xl ford 7740 etc.

was just guessing that was the prob, at the end of the day its a mf (Manufacturing F**kup is how we discirbe them round here!) only old combine i could use as all my others are modern. driver must have been a fruit and veg man, working on a weekend farming ha ha!   it was nice getting the old classics out of the cabinets and displaying the in work positions. may do a mid 90's scene case 956xl ford 7740 etc.

:D :D :D - forgot to say Mike - nice pics by the way  ;)

Fantastic stuff from both of you.

Marcus there are a few heartstrings being plucked with all those lovelly convo MF's you have on the go. Brilliant photo's, no wonder the builder think your quackers!!! Looks like you want some rain down your way to give the new plants a kick-start.

Luke you got some kit there too mate, the Fendt with Amazone and Vari-Press looks like a menace, very good looking piece of kit. Nice to see most of yours on wide tyres too, quite an imprtant point I think. The Deere's look nice, is on of them the high detail version 6920?

I havn't got a complete tillage outfit yet, waiting on a good drill really. I'm waiting for the summer series when I can get my hay making gear out  :) :) oh and grass silage too.

Yes it is a Siku Farmer + 6920  :)

right, i might aswell state my situation. in 'bedroom'sville' there are three farms, the cottage farm, tcfc - the cottage farm contracting (contractors yard really) and days gone farm. the cottage farm (the main farm) consists of around 250 acres, and we have around 60 dairy cows, 30 sheep, 10 pigs, and 6 dogs. oh and a herd of chickens, most of the feilds are 'pedigree grass' which we mostly silage ourself with our valtra 8750 with mengele trailed forager, we have our joal valtra and siku (blue edition fendt) leading a mf and 'new ray' silage trailer, cutting is done with our vicon. we also have a small amount of corn feilds which is contracted,

here is a list of the farms tractors...                                    implements.............

britains mf 6270                                                              bomford superflow

valtra 8750                                                                    drag

valmet 805                                                                    pwa tanker

joal valmet 6850                                                            marshall tanker

mb trac 1500                                                                howards rotaspreader

schluter                                                                        vicon varispread

fendt 412                                                                      amazone p.harrow drill combo

ford tw-35                                                                    ifor will trailer

2x ford 2120                                                                  mengele forager

jd 7020                                                                        2x trailers

jd 4020                           

fastrac 1355

jcb 526 loadall

jcb teletruk

nh skid steer

now days gone, we have 70 acres, mainly grass. used for haylage, no animals.......

tractors..........                                                      equipment

jd 5615f                                                              alfa laval tanker

deutz dx 92                                                          howards rotaspreader

mf 595 deuls                                                        britains muck spreader

mf 135                                                                salop trailer

gfey fergy te20                                                    britains dolly axled trailer

david brown 990                                                  potato planter

2x ford 6600                                                      2 row cultivator

lanz bulldog                                                          buck rake

porshce with loader                                              haybob   

2 disc mower         

rear twose digger

front and back everad sprayer

2x 3 furrow ploughs

wee little 3 furrow plough

2x bamfords balers

nh baler

loads more.......................

and the tcfc's kit...........

tractors                                                                      equipment

renualt ares 620 rx                                                      joskin quadra tanker

jd 8430t                                                                      kaweco tanker

jd forager 6650                                                            simba cultivator

jd 7820                                                                      lemkin flat 8

jd 6520                                                                      grimme tattie planter

jd 6920s                                                                    west spreader

fendt 716                                                                    bergmann spreader

valtra c series                                                              umbilical cord system

case mx 135                                                              4 x trailers

fastrac 2150                                                              2 x flatbeds

maccormick mx 175                                                    spearhead cutter

ford 8830                                                                  jd mower

claas mowers

lime spreader

fendt and mf combine

grimme and wualmas tattie picker

big siku drill

amazone cultivator

and the list go's on.............

hope i didnt bore anyone  :D :D :D :D :D

right, i might aswell state my situation. in 'bedroom'sville' there are three farms, the cottage farm, tcfc - the cottage farm contracting (contractors yard really) and days gone farm. the cottage farm (the main farm) consists of around 250 acres, and we have around 60 dairy cows, 30 sheep, 10 pigs, and 6 dogs. oh and a herd of chickens, most of the feilds are 'pedigree grass' which we mostly silage ourself with our valtra 8750 with mengele trailed forager, we have our joal valtra and siku (blue edition fendt) leading a mf and 'new ray' silage trailer, cutting is done with our vicon. we also have a small amount of corn feilds which is contracted,

go on, take some pics  :) :) :)