What tractors did you see today without getting photos

FB

My contractors MF6480 baling straw

MF 6180 with a kane trailer carting grain

MF 6480 with a kane trailer carting grain

NH 8050 combine cutting barley the 2 MFs where carting from it

Case MX120 on a NC Lowloader with a JCB JS 130 on it parked up

NH 8070 combine cutting barley beside the me where i was lifting straw

On the way home from work a JD 6630 baling straw wit a JD baler and a NH T7040 carting silage with a very big rosscon silage trailer

John Deere 9?30 with duals all round. The most annoying thing was, i had my camera on me, i just couldn't get to it! My mate was combining in the field next to him so i rang him and asked if there was a gateway in the field he was in, he said no there was a big drain in the way, i won't repeat the words that came out of my mouth, but they rhyme with Duck Lake.

a poorly claas jag?? in a field of barley, the whole crop header was 6 ft infront of him, and every pannel was open on it??? and several pannels seemed to be of the pick up header to ,3 fendts sat driverless as all of them seemed to be on the claas, didnt know they had so many inspection pannels to be honest

Harvest kicked off today around these parts.

Five New Holland 15*0s working in the same field. I think four of them were 1530s, and the fifth was a 1540.

Two New Holland 8070s working in a field across the road from the 1500s.

One New Holland TX65.

John Q 1075 and Dominator 105 working in the same field.

Deutz Combine (too far back from the road)

Harvest kicked off today around these parts.

Five New Holland 15*0s working in the same field. I think four of them were 1530s, and the fifth was a 1540.

Two New Holland 8070s working in a field across the road from the 1500s.

One New Holland TX65.

John Q 1075 and Dominator 105 working in the same field.

Deutz Combine (too far back from the road)

Correct on the first count  8) 8)

Thing one of those 8070's you mention could be a TX 34.

Rest must be cloer to your neck of the woods  ;D

Correct on the first count  8) 8)

Thing one of those 8070's you mention could be a TX 34.

Rest must be cloer to your neck of the woods  ;D

The rest are down your neck of the woods actually. John Q and Dommy were on Begerin, TX near the monument, and Deutz near Camaross.

The rest are down your neck of the woods actually. John Q and Dommy were on Begerin, TX near the monument, and Deutz near Camaross.

I know where you mean now in Begerin but don't know who has that taken.

TX  8) 8)  - surprised he didn't have the TX 34 out as well  ;D  Keeping the MX 170's barking no doubt  ;D ;D

Deutz could be several lads  8)

A 2011 plated MF6480 with a herron flat bed trailer with tatty boxes on and in front of that a JD7720 with the same trailer  :D seen this as i was heading to work  :'( past them looking up at them wishing it could be me in one of them tractors instead of heading to try and sell cars  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( >:( >:(>:( >:(>:( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Local farmer opening up his barley fields with an old R reg (approx 36 years old) New Holland Clayson 1540 combine....but you will have seen it in my photos over the past few years. Anyway I think it is great a machine of this age is still in good working order.

Coachford vintage day. Big JD 4620, Dextas,Majors,3000,3600,4000,5000,7000,7600,MF 135s,35X,165,Nufeild,DB 990,Fiat 1000 Super, a miniture OILVER on duals built from a little KUBOTA landscaping tractor very intresting build it is ,other older vintage tractors from 30s & 40s ,oldtime Trashing with a Major runing the trasher & a Ford 5610 AP cab  with a JD small bailer bailing its straw.  Ford 5000,MF 175 & 188 with singlechop Tauraaps & JF harvesters with silage trailers hooked up. Plus a little model tractor display. Nothing big really. :)

The sun has been shining up here over the past 2 weeks and the machinery has been busy.

Seen 2 claas tucano 450's

also saw cullen farms lexions out and about 3 in 1 field.

Have also seen cullen farms 8 series massey with a 4 metre dowdeswell power harrow and another massey with a lemkin drill and front tank. They also had the 8 series on a simba express. they had a 6 series massey on a richard western seed hopper. There axion was on the twose rollers.

today saw cowies krone big x and there jcb fastrac picking up silage.

Local farm was baling there silage, 3 new hollands with the baler and 2 trailers. they also had 2 jcb telehandler picking up bales and stacking them.

Also went past my dad's work they have got 2 new holland combines in the yard oe is a tx and the other is a newer one will try and get photos. dad was on his renault ares today carting dung.

claas tucano ???

john deere 6310 and john deere conventional baler

matbro loader

2 john deere 7530's with claas quadrant balers

new holland T6080 and grimme GT 170 potato harvester

ford 4000 and small bales on a tiny trailer

good day for me, just wait till the potato harvest is full swing, there will be plenty of kit then

There should be a 'What machinery did you hear but not get to the window in time to see today' section, but there was a big massey 6400 series pulling a JWK contracting skip thing job past my house, then a Case Puma 140 pulling a veg trailer, and although this wasn't today i forgot to put it in here last night, but yesterday/last night i saw:

New Holland T7050 (ours drilling rape)

John Deere 6820 (my machine for the day)

John Deere 6920s (parked in our yard with the topper on)

John Deere 6800 (also ours)

2x New Holland TX66 (one of which was ours)

Claas Tucano something or other

John Deere 7530 flatlifting

Case MX170

John Deere 9530

Fastrac 3230

3x New Holland CR9080 elevation in convoy

2x Fendt 820 also in convoy with the above combines

John Deere 6930 and richard western (i think 14t) grain trailer

2x Case Quadtrac 600

New Holland T8.390

New Holland T7.270 Blue Power

where abouts in the country do you live josh as im hoping to do a few weeks traveling next year around the uk photographing machinery

starting down south at the cooperative farms due to them having 5 claas xerions including a new 5000 and the fact my mate works for them and i know the manager.

just interested as there seems to plenty of big kit by you aswell

South lincolnshire mate, i'm about 5 mins from where they have spalding show (walking distance in fact!) and about 30 mins from Peterborough, The biggest farm in the area is LFP which own the 3 New Holland CR9080's and have 6 Challenger MT 765 A's B's and C's, there's a fair bit round here really, it's always where you least expect it and like a Quadtrac pops out from nowhere or something  :laugh: It's a big vegetable and cereals area, so there's some big cultivation kit on the go.

• 3 weeks later...

saw a Dominator 86 still sitting in a field on the way to Ellesmere, and also there was one field which was a hive of activity with 2 JD's and potato harvesters, plus all sorts of tractors and trailers, NH's and JCB's, Gull and Bailey trailers.  I've never spent any time photographing root crop work (plenty of time watching, especially the planting, just never taken the camera) so must make an effort to get out while theres a bit of light in the evenings.

Well all 4 of British Sugar's beet factories opened today and it already looks as if farmers are going at it to try and prevent a repeat of last year, it's only the first day and already on the way to and from college i've seen 3 beet harvesters all working, 7 lorries either loaded or getting loaded, and a loading shovel with a beet cleaner on the back, hopefully what happened last year won't happen again, but i think farmers are just trying to play it safe this year and also trying to take advantage of what seem to be perfect harvesting conditions, i'm sure i read in farmers weekly last years losses were mounting up to somewhere around £15 million, as the factories just couldn't get it through. I think Newark was the worst, i remember my boss having to cart some of our beet to Newark rather than Wissington, because farmers in that area couldn't get it out of the ground, and even if they could it would be no good as it was already rotting in the ground leaving the Newark factory with nothing to process.

And also a few spuds being lifted, about 4 challengers (one of which was pulling a set of cambridge rolls?) a Case Quadtrac, JD 9530, and a big old artic ford pulling what looked like a simba cultivator, making a fair bit of black smoke. Oh and also 2 New Holland combines cutting beans.

Not forgetting a cabless crawler! Looked quite funny working in a field next to a Vervaet 617 beet harvester and a Claas Arion 640