What did you see today that made you laugh?

I will try to make this short,four weeks back my dad takes his freelander to be mot'd had to jump start it again flat battery,5pm get call bring the jump leads wont start on a petrol forecourt,no luck on jumping so managed to bump start it down a hill. next day try hammering starter motor and she fires up fine and has been fine since.

Saturday just gone he says come with me to Scunthorpe I'm going to get a newer 4x4 in a franchise dealer,off we set off in morning hammer underseat although hopefully no use for it,test drives new 4x4,salesman and sales manager checks freelander over, they pop the bonnet looking at the coolant and looking for the notorious head gasket problem which it hasn't yet.all the while were watching them in the showroom hopeing the car starts,

sales man test drives and all paperwork signed to say car is okay mechanically.

My old man agrees to a deal,time to head off home in freelander were parked right outside the main door in to the showroom gets in to it and you'd guessed it she wont start,hells bells and some other choice words were being exchanged what are we going to do?  ;D

so I try to discreetly to get out with the hammer under me jacket while dad pops the bonnet, no use too close to the showroom then that was it 2mins later 2 salesman are out "whats the problem etc" then sales manager comes out who we haven't talked to of course but only negotiated with through sales man ,after a few mins he said if it only does it occasional and its running fine when you bring back then we still give the same px price which surprised me.

Taped the starter and all is fine,the car must of known it was being "sold"   ::)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

my 2 apprentices , so far in the 2 weeks they have had their new van, they have near on burnt the clutch out, one of them has had 2 other vans break down on him, their  3rd (they haven't allocated the vans to a person as such yet) they have ripped the side open mis judging the way out of a gateway at the exchange, its only 12 ft odd wide, but they still did it, todays effort was "someone came round the bend on our side of the road, and took out wing mirror off completely" intresting ,pretty impressive on a reasonably wide a road which is nigh on straight all the way out , no idea what they have hit this time , started calling them the vandalators

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

one of our cabling  lorries finally made it back to the yard today after yesterdays winds, minus its roof after it was blown off mid journey in the morning , the insides very clean for the first time in its life with its current driver, poor blokes getting a hell of a ribbing

well plymouth effectively cut of right now, cant go north as the roads blocked for a tree and major gas leak from it, the a38 east is blocked from floods etc, along with the rail line shut and west into cornwall the tamar bridge is static with about 6 miles of traffic due to the winds, and the trains west are of to with no replacement busses, its just like  being in a war zone apparently :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: oh well at least them londers are being served well from all the forces etc ,most from down here

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
37 minutes ago, MadMark said:

People just set up for carboot sale around the corner from me and then it p##sed it  down, sorry I know I shouldn't laugh but I had to:D

No soggy model tractors there mark? Mind I should keep my mouth shut, I'll be giving UH ideas for another version of each their models. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

got overtaken by a nolans lorry today, fine if i was toodling along, but i was smack on my limiter at 70 on the A30 ,he must have been doimg at least 85 i recon, however he clearly wasnt aware of the copper chopper above him ,as 5 mins later he was pulled over by 2 unmarked cars who tor past me a few mins after him :D:D 

• Like 3

• 2 months later...