Spalding Model Tractor Show - Autumn 2012

robbo

Bit of damage limitation for my wallet as I am now working tomorrow, if I want. So will probably work till 9 then head to Spalding for a bit, then back to work. Often thought of paying for early entry myself, but what do the trader's think of it, do they mind people being in upto 2 hour's before kickoff?

Early bird is normally a great idea..it will be a tad tricky in the small hall this year as we cannot set up today as we normally do so tomoz morning will be chaos..especially for those of us who will have a hangover and need a constant supply of grub

Early bird is normally a great idea..it will be a tad tricky in the small hall this year as we cannot set up today as we normally do so tomoz morning will be chaos..especially for those of us who will have a hangover and need a constant supply of grub

I think there is a moral hanging in this post somewhere ::) . Go for the centre restaurant's breakfast in a bun - it is delicious with everything in a bap (bacon, egg, sausage etc)

early bird is good fo me bazzaa, as the gaffer may call me at lunch time to get back to Essex to do a spot of drilling. i can be back in one and a half hours all being well with the roads. we have had 28 mill of rain here over the last 2 nights, so i dont expect a call if i am honest.

I'm all set and looking forward to the trip down. Won't be arriving until around lunch time because rather frustratingly I have to go into work until 9am. Camera batteries all charged, i'll definitely be taking plenty of photographs for the forum and i'm also going to be treating myself to a few things whilst i'm there even though my collection is still sat in boxes at my Mum and Dads new place. Looking forward to catching up with everyone. :)

• Like 1

Look forward to hearing and seeing what this years autumn show is like. Especially any of last nights incriminating shenanigans! :-D

The least said about last night's "shenanigans", the better, methinks. :of This is a family forum, after all, and the adults (I use that term advisedly) should be setting a GOOD example to the youngsters ;D ;D

Look forward to hearing and seeing what this years autumn show is like. Especially any of last nights incriminating shenanigans! :-D

you know the rules tris, what happens salding saturday stays at spalding :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: only seen one pic on facebook so far from ben and jerrys sorry frankie and bennys

just back and not a patch on last april.seemed alot less stands and nowhere near as busy as april.purchased a gold ltd edition massey,black wiking xerion and a 765d challenger and a few dvds.maybe not a lot of new models out.g and m seemed understaffed aswell.looking foreward to next april and thanks to whoever put the show on,

nick...........

I've not been back long and as always had a fantastic time catching up with faces old and new. Despite having to work very early this morning I was still able to make it to the show for around 11.30am and in a similar vein to last year the weather was absolutely gorgeous with loads of drilling and potato harvesting taking place as I drove down the A1. This certainly would have had an impact on people visiting the show. I was little bit disapointed to see no real tractors sat outside marking the event, especially given some of the displays that have been arranged outside the main entrance in the past.

As for new model releases the ROS Fiat 1580 variations and the New Holland 8770A definitely stood out for me whilst the new 2wd Weise Fendt 306LS also looked very smart indeed. For Ford conversion fans there's a new G & B Models Roadless release on the way, a cabless Ploughmaster 95 which I thought looked the business.

I've taken loads of photographs from the show which I will be sharing in due course, please be patient as it's going to take me a little while to sort through them and I have a lot going on at the moment work related.

However here's a couple to get us started.

First up Messrs Stunt and Watson. Great to catch up with you for the first time today Chris. Looking forward to seeing your purchases from today all lined up together.

P1250494_zpsf00e2066.jpg

Whilst garnering a huge amount of attention over at F.T.F HQ the Universal Hobbies 1/16th scale International 1455XL.

P1250506_zps2450aa55.jpg

That UH (yet another model I don't want :( ) does look pretty bloody big!! Looking forward to Toytrac now to pick me up an 8770.... Hopefully.

As bold as it looks in the larger scale I reckon i'll be sticking with the 1/32nd scale Schuco model of the same tractor Tris. As for the 8770 with removable duals, very smart model, another highly impressive release from ROS. I quite fancy having one badged up as an earlier Ford 8770 having photographed a real one recently.

looks huge, but do the doors ect open on it??? seems such a shame to go that size and not let stuff like that work

Other than the engine bay grill on the bonnet that opens up, and the steering, I think that's about your lot for movable parts on it Sean. Not my cup of tea in that larger scale but each to their own. The one Andy had on show certainly had plenty of people interested and hankering after one.

vistor numbers I heard were around 800 ish.

what surprised me now is the size of some of the modern 1/32 releases,had a look at a wiking jd baler it seemed a bit overscale to me and quite a few other like the siku show model

You say that, but I used to own and operate a JD 590 when they were the most current bailor before I left farming. I walked past one of those new JD's in the flesh in our local JD dealers yard, It's bloody huge!, in comparison to the 590. Mind you eather I'm getting old or the JD stuff seems BIG these days there was also a new 6420 thing parked close to an old tired 6400,it's about twice the size of the old model, even an old 6800 looked small next to it.

Nice to see all the old faces, and a couple of real damn ugly ones, but hey the UTS boys make up for it in charm :of ....bought a few things I had no intention of like a wiking 939black,ford 5640 and a couple of other bits,Did manage to collect a trailor, the only thing I went to get ::)

Edited by Fendthead