Harvest started yet

Tractorman810

Well it's on the go down here now, went past two large fields cut sometime between Sunday afternoon and this morning on the way down into Cornwall right along side the a38 so guess it would have been howtons at work . Pretty sure it was winter barley in there as I remember it being sowed while on my travels. Ones ready to bale the other like to have been baled and cleared already . Anyone else on the go yet or due very soon ?

It will be a while up here in Aberdeenshire Sean. There is a field of winter barley on the road to and from work and it is beginning to turn nicely. Can see the spring barley starting to turn slightly as well. The earliest I saw a combine out last year was the 1st August but I can't see that being the case this year.

Edited by BC

The farm down the end of the trading estate I work on has had the Lexion out for a pre-harvest service, but not been in the field yet.

I've not seen anything in any fields around Gloucester or Hereford.

we will tip-toe into our barley probably the middle of next week. its almost there, and the forecast for once looks to be a bit more settled after the weekend. the 04 plate claas medion 310 with its 17 foot header is raring to go.rape wont be sprayed of until sat, so a good 10 days after that until it is anywhere near fit.

Edited by chris.watson

saw another being cut on the way home, well the dust over the hill as he was doing the headlands, so far all have been south facing hilly fields so i guess the waters drained quick, and what heat and sun we have had has worked well ,noticed the guy with the mf cera had that out in the yard today on the way past,

As I type, a Deutz Fahr M35.? is cutting wheat or barley behind our work office. What a beast of a combine!

Also, there a number of fields around here that were cut last weekend. But since then, we've had alot of rain so the Straw ain't alot of cop at the moment.

I was speaking with my Uncle last night and he hopes to start within the next ten days and given the weather forecast he reckons a good few others will have made a start at the beginning of next week. My camera is ready and raring to go to. I was looking back through my photographic archives from last year's harvest and first action pictures I took were on the 14th July. Whilst it's later this year, crops around here certainly appear to have a lot bulk and density to them.

Further to yesterdays post, I saw a New Holland CX8040 in a field of barley not far from Ellesmere about half an hour ago; I'm fairly sure its the same one I saw last year, which I think I put some photos of up. Hopefully if this weather holds I will get out on the bike during the week and see what I can see.

Three combines moving locally, all in barley. One near Amesbury, one near Devizes, one just up the road from the yard. NH, Claas and JD in that order. Driving through Suffolk, Lincolnshire and Yorkshire this week there was a lot of rape swathed and drying out nicely.

Seen my first combine today!! Cirencester park starting their first field of rape ;D

Stuart's going to be flat out for the next 5 days looking at the forecast for next weekend!

Our neighbours started on winter barley today and I imagine that we will start tomorrow or Tuesday on ours, rape is still at least 2 weeks away as its not been sprayed off yet

Will be starting our rape tomorrow, a 100 acres got swathed 2 wks ago and is now ready to go the other 300 got sprayed off a week ago so is still a week or so away,the boss wishes he had got it all swathed.The winter barley is still at least a week away.

Started in Suffolk! Westrope Farm's brand new Lexion 770TT with the 12m header :D

If any of you guys running Claas kit in Suffolk/North Essex want to let me know where you'll be over the weekend I'd love to come down and shoot you... so to speak! ;)

/malc,

post-1591-0-88891900-1343064843_thumb.jp

We run a 04 Lexion 480 Evolution with 25ft header and for this year a 12ft draper header to pick up the swathed rape and are based on the southbound side of the A12 at Capel St Mary oppersite the garden centre,will let you know if working the weekend but think the weather is surpose to turn showery,

Started in Suffolk! Westrope Farm's brand new Lexion 770TT with the 12m header :D

If any of you guys running Claas kit in Suffolk/North Essex want to let me know where you'll be over the weekend I'd love to come down and shoot you... so to speak! ;)

/malc,