Britains 2013 New Releases

tractorman314

Again BRITAINS give us what we all are looking for. 80's era John Deeres & classic Fords along with medium sized slurry tankers as more commonly seen in Ireland & the UK  & not the usual triple axel monsters as seen on the continent. 

The JD's look to be a real treat . Not really gone on the front wheels & tyres on the 2wd TW-10 tough. They look a bit strange.!!!! ???

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i asume the road tankers more irish aimed?? as i have certainly not seen one this way that i can remember , i agree on the ford front tyres on the 2wd, but apparently they are keilbers?? and are right for the age, just not always fitted from the factory maybe?? nothing a quick tyre swap wont cure mind

Well I was thinking in terms of the 2wd TW-10,something like whats on the UH TW 2wds. I would get over the tyres maybe by swapping them with something else. But the wheel rim should be a deeper dish type. Something like this is what Im thinking..

2976.jpg

The Fords look really nice but..... And this is not taking anything away from them....... but are the guys at John Deere harder on final samples than the guys at Ford or whoever? Just that the Deeres look far superior to the Fords.

I hope they do that baler justice, the boss has one on order for this harvest!

the deeres do look superb for twenty pound model / toys.I can see a few mods to be done like opening windows,door and a roof hatch but I don't expect that on a cheapish britains model.Maybe they could do a precision version with these extras!

Not seen these latest pics of the John Deere 50 Series tractors before and I agree, they do look awesome, even better than the prototype pics I saw a couple of months ago.

I know Britains has worked hard on these because I was closely involved with the project, right from the initial measuring stage, and a lot of research went into getting them right. I think for the price they will be a huge success.

Can't wait for them to come out now! Roll on the autumn.

R Day

Hi Barry,

Yes, I agree, that was certainly the plan all along....the story of the tractors, from conception to birth. We did a similar story years ago with the Ford 7000. I put Britains on to a very original example in Paul Wright's collection at Newark and then we did a piece with Craig Varley on how the model was created, etc.

A similar piece on the new John Deere 50 Series tractors would be great. We visited, in this order, a 3350 4WD late step; 3350 2WD, 3350 4WD, 3650 4WD, 3050 2WD and then finally a 3040 2WD. It was a great day.

Regards

Rory

i wish universal hobbies ask/asked you for some of there models Rory,im doing a mf 2680 convo,not that i wanted to ,but heres a list of things wrong on the model

front weight are upside down

2 pairs of steps on a one cab door

exhaust in wrong place

wheel colour wrong

and also i think wrong chassis colour,getting the model tomorrow,so will check the chassis colour when the model is in my hand

they need somebody with a good overall farm knowledge,you would be ideal Rory

they just look to bright to me sean,im changing the wheels on mine anyway,so the silvermist will be out on those

are the wheels the wrong colour then paul?? they look like silver mist to me which as far as i know is right

Paul, well it's nice of you to say that and I have helped UH source numerous tractors in the past, but as a rule that is where my involvements finishes. I must admit it is frustrating when you don't get the chance to view the prototype to check that it's accurate, because as we know there have been a few little mistakes that could easily have been recitified before models reached the final production stages, if only somewhere 'in the know' had seen them first.  

Perhaps the worst-ever instance of this was the horrible Banner Lane MF 135 with the after-market parts.....what a terrible model.

R Day

I know this is a Britains topic. But UH are gone very very bad. Outa all the classic tractors they have produced over the past few months,it seems the only good one is the MF 1080. The rest are bad examples ,both Ford & MF models. The MF 390 seems alright . But Im yet to see it in the flesh. If seems Britains are showing them up with cheaper more accurate examples of the real thing. Britains may be regarded as a toy ,but UH make me laugh & who ever is giving the final approval at UH to put those models into production ,should go get a job with Fisherprice.

I know this is a Britains topic. But UH are gone very very bad. Outa all the classic tractors they have produced over the past few months,it seems the only good one is the MF 1080. The rest are bad examples ,both Ford & MF models. The MF 390 seems alright . But Im yet to see it in the flesh. If seems Britains are showing them up with cheaper more accurate examples of the real thing. Britains may be regarded as a toy ,but UH make me laugh & who ever is giving the final approval at UH to put those models into production ,should go get a job with Fisherprice.

Fully agree with you Justin in amongst one or two really smart models UH have certainly released several shockers recently. Britains effort's, particularly the John Deeres appear to be a whole lot more pleasing and encouraging to see. Especially given the market they're aimed at and the price they're likely to be. :)

That said I do love those period Kleber tyres on the TW-10. ;) 

Archived