J24TRAC

Tellarian

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Evening all,

Great show, just a short trip down the M5 for me.

Good selection of models to suit all interests, good to see the old Britain,s models making a reasonable return

The scratch builders are bringing increasing levels of detail to the hobby. The Zweegers Haybob and Lely Pheasant from blrmodels were spectacular.

Mike

It's only 4-5 hours up the road! Good roads now. Get up early or stay over night in a local B+B. There's fellas drive from Scotland to the Moira Show. You won't be disappointed!

Im planning a trip this year. IF im not displaying in Mitchelstown. ;)

any pics from j24 then?

Yes at home on my laptop , however I M in the office during the day and for the rest of this week am working till midnight to sort out issues at work after someone went sick , so as mentioned before bear with me I only have 24 hrs in a day

the show seemed to go ok with a massive support from traders and display dio`s ,the venue was spot on well laid out ,it had a steady flow of people through the door ,would of been better if there were a few more through the door ,,,or is that me just been greedy,,, but after all this was its first show ,,, what was good about the people that attended there were a good few new faces witch is a positive for this model trade we are all in ,,for this been its first show it all turned out ok in the end ,it would be good to see a mid year show on the calendar ,,,hats off to Karen and Steve for maximum effort to make this show go ahead ,,look forward to attending this show again next year ,,,bigger and better

blimey sean,getting the hours in at bt mate

Yes at home on my laptop , however I M in the office during the day and for the rest of this week am working till midnight to sort out issues at work after someone went sick , so as mentioned before bear with me I only have 24 hrs in a day

A big thank you to all those who attended J24TRAC, we had a gate of 400 which is good for a first show, but with many new and younger faces!

The Venue were pleased to have us and were pleased with the show, so look out for future events!

DSCF1902%20(450%20x%20338).jpgDSCF1900%20(450%20x%20338).jpg

It was very nice to see every one again and it was good to see a steady steam of people arriving for a new show. It was a luxury of only being 1 junction down the M5 so the weekend started very well for me.

right as promised and after a bit of a delay, here's the pic's I got at the show, didn't get to many as the battery went on me before I could get all the shots I really wanted, so did a speed run round to get some at least ,seems I turned it on in my pocket first thing and drained it ever so slightly :-[  :-[

001_zps0ed3c47c.jpg

002_zpse7fd9dce.jpg

the show model, based on the 5640 indy version imber did a while back

003_zps306963a8.jpg

004_zps055236ca.jpg

005_zps0e4b7f89.jpg

006_zpsc054eb21.jpg

013_zps4d336a3b.jpg

this lot was pretty impressive, especially when a lad of 10ish reversed the downton into a space at 90 degrees from the road first time without hitting anything or leaving the track laid out

014_zpsa3eece6b.jpg

015_zps17b3e6a5.jpg

016_zpsc357aee3.jpg

some intresting builds here, sadly I missed the pz haybobs he had, but plenty of bamford wufflers and lely pheasant straw turns to be had

017_zps526f1105.jpg

the next 4 just amaze me, alans clapps new mf 240 2wd build ,bar an engine everything on these works as such ,draft levers drop the linakge, hes built real stearing boxes, and bar tyres every single bits hand made from flat soft steel sheeting, but they weigh a fair bit so far without the body work on them 

041-1_zps2ce6058d.jpg

042-1_zpsfcf48198.jpg

and the 250 4wd

039-1_zpsf6e6f6a1.jpg

038-1_zps6355e2ac.jpg

he has told me his next 2 builds, and if he does one of them well both as he wants to, we will be in for a real treat ,

that's all of the pics sadly, but it certainly was a good show, hopefully we will see another next year 

Thanks for sharing your photographs Sean. Venue looks fantastic along with some really well laid out stands and familiar layouts. Absolutely blown away by the work Alan's putting into his 240 and 250 tractors. Incredible! Great to see the RC trucks too. Might just have to try get down to this show next year. :)

I have got to say another massive positive for this show has got to be unloading and loading ,,,,drive in with your van or display unit and ,,,bum bum your done ,,,off load right where your stall is ,,mint ,,, this for traders and displays this has got to be a godsend at the end of a long day  so easy no humping around with boxes  

I have got to say another massive positive for this show has got to be unloading and loading ,,,,drive in with your van or display unit and ,,,bum bum your done ,,,off load right where your stall is ,,mint ,,, this for traders and displays this has got to be a godsend at the end of a long day  so easy no humping around with boxes  

I thought you were a big strong Geordie man ;D

Archived