NEWSFLASH New Limited Edition DBP County

Udimore

UTS are proud to announce this stunning scratch built limited edition County 1174 Highlander tractor from DBP Models (only 50 models worldwide). This tractor is only available through UTS and is priced at £225. We aim to have the tractors ready for collection at the April Spalding Show. Contact us ASAP if you would like your name against one but be quick as with all DBP Models they sell out fast. The tractor you see is a prototype but you get the idea for those of you that are familar with the brand..

image_zps1bc3cdcf.jpg

th_image_zpsa2f14f34.jpg

th_image_zpsd2b3b017.jpg

£225.00 there isnt even any cab glass !!!!!!!!!

I'd rather spend £225 on one of Dave's hand built models than half that on some of these half baked conversions with different wing mirrors and decals stuck on them that are available. I would say that's a good price considering the amount of hours work that has to go into each one of them let alone the production costs of the master in the first place.

While Dave's models may not feature cab glass the features and details that they do have more than make up for it in my opinion especially when taken into account that they never seem to go down in value once you own one.

The difference with a DBP model is that you know that you are getting a truly hand built model, one that has been cast and built from scratch and not a conversion where the builder has used a commercially available chassis and then changed the bonnet, wheels or decals.

If you want the cab glazed then you are free to add it but that would only add to the cost further if DBP was to do it.

having spoken to dave many times at shows etc , getting glazing done isn't easy , belive me hes looked at it loads of times, making a new cab for each model he does and the cost of altering ,or making in fact , the cabs moulds , the actual glazing parts them selfs, getting them fixed without showing marks or superglue fog, it all stacks up big time, as mentioned above, daves stuff is very bespoke, I have 5 or 6 in my collection, and given the choice, if he does more mf's many more will appear to and the cost doesn't worry me at all, I know each and every one of them even unglazed is worth a hell of a lot more to me in appreciation in the skills hes got to build them , let alone actual money value,which all are worth double or triple what I paid for them

All of us who have seen the sheer quality of DBP models (in particular the countys) would pay more for the models hence seeing some sell for close to £1000 without having glazed cabs.

However I would like to add that the pictures I have shown are my prototype and DBP Models will glaze the cab on this model (top main windows only)

Judging by the amount of interest and orders the lucky new owners will again own another cracking model and investment from DBP Models.

Well  just walk away like me  Paul...not the kind of model I want in my collection either despite the fact I like the real deal just I have decided to limit my collection.to Britain's and ERTL and Border Fine Arts and some Spec-Cast 1/16 scale models.

i know this is pre production and have been told that it will have glass in the cab,but imagine the uproar if uh or schuco or wiking did that,release a model with no glass in the cab,everybody to their own,but that does seem a very  steep price  to me, i will be walking away bill,as you say, its personal opinion,gav i would like to know just out of interest what models have been released with different mirrors on them,and i do appreciate the time and skill that goes into conversions,it is of a very high standard,i never questioned that,apart from the glass,i do my own conversions and not anywhere near that standard,but i know about the hours that go into any conversion

i know this is pre production and have been told that it will have glass in the cab,but imagine the uproar if uh or schuco or wiking did that,release a model with no glass in the cab,everybody to their own,but that does seem a very  steep price  to me, i will be walking away bill,as you say, its personal opinion,gav i would like to know just out of interest what models have been released with different mirrors on them,and i do appreciate the time and skill that goes into conversions,it is of a very high standard,i never questioned that,apart from the glass,i do my own conversions and not anywhere near that standard,but i know about the hours that go into any conversion

again dave has not released a model for you to buy he has given barry a prototype to show not a production run for customers it is also not a conversion but a model built from masters and mould toolings what a genius

again dave has not released a model for you to buy he has given barry a prototype to show not a production run for customers it is also not a conversion but a model built from masters and mould toolings what a genius

ok ,ok its not a conversion,im sure you guessed what i meant,and also ive posted that this model will have glass,although only the top of the cab,and im not questioning this guys work,we can all see its of a very very high standard,this is a forum ,which means we all have an opinion,i dont have to agree with you,or you dont have to agree with me,i wish people would read posts properly

ok ,ok its not a conversion,im sure you guessed what i meant,and also ive posted that this model will have glass,although only the top of the cab,and im not questioning this guys work,we can all see its of a very very high standard,this is a forum ,which means we all have an opinion,i dont have to agree with you,or you dont have to agree with me,i wish people would read posts properly

were not here to guess what you meant we read what you written does not make what you or i say necessarily  right for that matter 

The quality and sales of the scratchbuilt tractors of DBP Models over the years speaks for itself and the models are enjoyed worldwide despite being uncabbed. I've never heard anyone first hand (until this thread) question the price of one of Dave's models and I have had his models on my stand for many years now. Most who have seen the models first hand compliment the amazing detail and all of the work and amount of parts that has gone into the models even if they cannot afford them..

again Baz,read my posts,i have never questioned the guys skill,its a cracking build,just my point was the glass,and for a model to be £225.00 with no glass,or let me get this right,not fully glazed, does not seem right to me,only my opinion,but my opinion never the less,and again, i will say if schuco, wiking etc released a model with no cab glass they would be slated ,and rightly so,so i hope this finally makes my point clear,also i see why people buy them as an investment,

again Baz,read my posts,i have never questioned the guys skill,its a cracking build,just my point was the glass,and for a model to be £225.00 with no glass,or let me get this right,not fully glazed, does not seem right to me,only my opinion,but my opinion never the less,and again, i will say if schuco, wiking etc released a model with no cab glass they would be slated ,and rightly so,so i hope this finally makes my point clear,also i see why people buy them as an investment,

yawn  yawn  yawn

Well they do say that most of the genius's live on the edge. But in Dave's case he is more like a raving nutter I'd say ;)

This has sparked a lively debate, I agree with both sides, it is an incredibly detail hand made model that is I'm sure worth every penny but like Paul if I spent that much on a model I would hope for it to be glazed. Could this be just the start of a new age of DBP models that are glazed if all is a success ? Tigger, that does seen a little rude.

This has sparked a lively debate, I agree with both sides, it is an incredibly detail hand made model that is I'm sure worth every penny but like Paul if I spent that much on a model I would hope for it to be glazed. Could this be just the start of a new age of DBP models that are glazed if all is a success ? Tigger, that does seen a little rude.

hi james no one from the start asked if it would be glazed or not just made an assumption this is a prototype as said before not a production run and as lots of prototypes things can and do get altered the production model pattern is built and has a more detailed front axle rear axle dash seat front weight block e.t.c 

has for a new age of glazing the 1474s 1884s 1164  1184  and some of the 1/16 models are all glazed   ? nothing new there then 

as for my knowledge i am sat here at our friends house on her account as we are still trying to contact andy to sort out my password to get back on under my own name soloshep1 i think i have a fair knowledge and right to my opinion has well. it would be nice sometimes if people had a go at building from scratch so we could say detrimental comments has well but i have nearly always declined to do that  some times it would feel nice to be rude 

For that money I would want the Highlander to have the dozer blade and outer skeleton.

7327125012_c15fd3209a_z.jpg

I also think the 1164 would be a better base model for the Highlander than the 1174.

As for the glazing, whilst I understand where Paul is coming from it is worth remembering that the patterns for this model were made about 10 years ago, which is around the time that UH first came on the scene. At the time the 1174 model just blew people away.

It is also worth noting that glazing is a particularly difficult thing to get right. If I remember correctly, when Dave first showed me the prototypes for the MF390 in 2007 the glazing for that model was proving to be a nightmare.

In my collection I have a DBP 7000, 7600Q, 7610SQ, Doe D5100, 1174, 1184, 762H, and the FTF 390H. In the next year or so I hope to add an 1124 and an 1164, together with a couple of special commissions - a 654, a 754, a 7600-Four and something very special that I've asked Dave to make for me. Unfortunately (????) this year I have overindulged in BOR models so I haven't been able to add any new DBP's. Hopefully I can rectify that next year.

For that money I would want the Highlander to have the dozer blade and outer skeleton.

7327125012_c15fd3209a_z.jpg

I also think the 1164 would be a better base model for the Highlander than the 1174.

As for the glazing, whilst I understand where Paul is coming from it is worth remembering that the patterns for this model were made about 10 years ago, which is around the time that UH first came on the scene. At the time the 1174 model just blew people away.

It is also worth noting that glazing is a particularly difficult thing to get right. If I remember correctly, when Dave first showed me the prototypes for the MF390 in 2007 the glazing for that model was proving to be a nightmare.

In my collection I have a DBP 7000, 7600Q, 7610SQ, Doe D5100, 1174, 1184, 762H, and the FTF 390H. In the next year or so I hope to add an 1124 and an 1164, together with a couple of special commissions - a 654, a 754, a 7600-Four and something very special that I've asked Dave to make for me. Unfortunately ( ????) this year I have overindulged in BOR models so I haven't been able to add any new DBP's. Hopefully I can rectify that next year.

i don,t get this is no one reading this properly the model coming out is being glazed  what is there to understand 

Archived