ROS 2014

Tellarian

i had  just heard yesterday from a seller that ros was getting very hard to get and things were looking bleek,from the sounds of it i expect them to fold...its a pity i think ros is one of the best manufacturers out there.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i had  just heard yesterday from a seller that ros was getting very hard to get and things were looking bleek,from the sounds of it i expect them to fold...its a pity i think ros is one of the best manufacturers out there.

ROS are the best in my eyes along with Schuco also.. It would be a shame to see ROS folding.. They have produced some nice Fiats & NHs in the last few years. 

it wouldn't surprise me given ros are an itallian company, we were very surprised to see how poor and dirty  Italy looked during our recent holiday there, you can certainly tell they are struggling as a country money wise, it certainly never has before on other visits .

You are right Paul. People easily tend to spread rumours without knowing anything of the background.

@ Gary. I bet that the seller you spoke to actually never bought at ROS directly. ROS as a Manufacturing company were until recently using a Company called A.We.Co. as their distributor to most of the trade for Western Europe. Contacts with and sales to the OEM where done directly by ROS. As in many other industries the middleman's, who's role is shifting sold boxes, are cut out and supply continues thru outlet's who can afford to place larger orders at a time directly at the manufacturer who produces in function of (confirmed) demand (MTO). And who are willing/able to take some risk with their stocks instead of ordering a few pieces and await the demand (or order if the item has been sold already to a collector thru a webshop).

This we will see coming with other brands as well. So sofar nothing wrong with ROS as a manufacturer.

Of course this might lead to changes in availability of these brands at certain resellers whereas others might see new opportunities. Smaller resellers might need to rethink their approach and work together with similar sellers in other area's/countires to group demand in order to remain attracktive as a business partner for the Manufacturer. Standard practice in many industries.The alternative for the reselers is to drop the product line

Actually a brand new Gregoire & Besson 14 furrow plow is going to be launched in the coming weeks together with the Pottinger drill so don't say ROS doesn't bring out anything new.

Personal favourites of mine are the joskin & pichon tankerss,also their dangreville grain trailer got a great review in a not so long ago model farmer mag,suggesting it was still the best on the market.. Im also fond of the nh t7 270 blue power. Imber were great tractors too,supposadly british but owned by s..i hope it is only a rumour but I doubt very much the seller was making things up.kets hope they can pull through.

I think toyfarmers comments are spot on. Ros don't tend to flood the market with loads of stuff, but what they do release is excellent, with new models being very well produced, as said, they have some new models out now, or very soon. What you have to remember Gary is that the sellers often have to wait for stock. We have all got models in dealer boxes, and that is what happens......dealers for that machine will sell a licensed product first. Most sellers are sourcing models in larger numbers from ag dealers to get hold of stock, and this takes a little bit of time.

There are a lot of sellers out there now for a hobby that is fairly static in numbers of people actually buying, if anything you may see a seller or two fold before the model company's go down.

well its good to know that its only a rumour then...i guess we can draw a line under it now and cease any further rumours...as this topic is already showing signs of chinese whispers. i for one would be dissapointed if there was any truth in it.

• 1 month later...

Oh Yees,due for release the 15th December,the same bloomin day as the Vredo, :( ,but I have a funny feeling this Holmer is better detailed than the Vredo, :o  and at €119.95,less than half it's price,!!

Holmer3_zps5376e2fa.jpg

Regards

Joe.

Oh Yees,due for release the 15th December,the same bloomin day as the Vredo, :( ,but I have a funny feeling this Holmer is better detailed than the Vredo, :o  and at €119.95,less than half it's price,!!

Holmer3_zps5376e2fa.jpg

Regards

Joe.

So does that mean the 15th be an expensive day for you Joe?? or have all your christmases come at once ! ::);)

So does that mean the 15th be an expensive day for you Joe?? or have all your christmases come at once ! ::);)

Aye expensive Paul,all of my Christmas wish list released on the same day,THREE of them,

The Vredo,

VredoVT1_zps11a65ac0.jpg

The Holmer Tera Variant,

Holmer3_zps5376e2fa.jpg

And this Wee number for my 1/50th collection,

NicolaTractomas_zps4554dd38.jpg

Was also hoping this was release,but still "Due Fall"!!

BigBud5251_zpsb87e6033.jpg

And had hoped this would have appeared this year,but now knocked back to 2015,??

KomatsuWA12001_zps958a234b.jpg

Thankfully deposit paid on one,and one of the others is also paid,

Regards

Joe.

• 1 month later...

Archived