Martin's collection.

1 hour ago, 844john said:

Still sat on the fence a little with mine, what have you got in mind for it Martin?

#1 is wheels, they are bad. Have replacements sat painted ready, the issue that causes is the ford tractor grey I've painted them with shows how dark UH's grey is, so #2 is going to be an attempt at painting the cab and mudguards but this could go very wrong. # 3 and 4 are touching up the air filter bowl with black and possibly altering the mirror arms before paint. Think there was something else but can't remember at the minute, seeing as i haven't finished lambing I'll blame it on sheep brain, but it'll probably be re painting the cab when I've messed the first attempt up. 

4 hours ago, 844john said:

Bit of work there Martin, I'm interested to see how it goes painting the cab, looks like it could be a bit of a bugger to get right

2 hours ago, alf aphid said:

Yes I must say I think I’d leave it, I’m not a county expert but it looks good. Just hope they don’t stop there 

I had a quick look and it doesn't seem bad, glazing looks like it'll come out and lights pop off, plan a was to take it apart to get the glazing out, replace that with some cardboard to mask the interior, put cab back together then spray, will need replacement decals and the window rubber touching in but neither of those should be too difficult. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Looks well Martin, that 74 must tick over at very low revs.... it doesn't even lift the rain cap on the exhaust :D, Joking aside great photo's there bud ;)

:lol: It runs very quietly ;)

8 minutes ago, JEP said:

Excellent photos Martin, could be right out of a late 1970's County demonstration day :)

Keep them coming! 

Thank you john, I fully intend to! :)

Edited by mb86
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, 844john said:

I should bring the Muir Hill up sometime Martin, we could have a 4wd working day!:D Are you going to Mossie's sale today?

Haha that's a good idea. Yes I'm setting off shortly for a quick look round but won't be staying long. 

• 3 weeks later...