The Tractor Twitcher's Travels 2015

The Tractor Twitcher

I've had some brilliant trips out with my camera so far this year, so I thought I would re-start a topic to share the machinery I have photographed on my travels.

Case IH Magnum 280 ploughing near Scarborough. 11/02/2015.

P1080649_zpsxzd528b8.jpg

P1080657_zpstcbrdxz8.jpg

P1080666_zpsllwrdinf.jpg

P1080688_zpsblicone1.jpg

P1080695_zps5im7kulh.jpg

P1080734%20-%20Copy_zpsyyphavzz.jpg

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

great to see you have started posting again David,one of the highlights on this forum,keep em coming

Thanks ever so much Paul. Lots more to follow from this year so far....and I will also post up some of the rarer stuff I found last year at some point too.

Glad to see this topic up and running again David, always good to see local machinery and great pictures

Thanks ever so much Pat. Thought i'd start a fresh for this year's travels. Although some of the rarer, more unusual stuff i've found over the past couple of years might make an appearance too. I'm sure there will be plenty that you recognise. Thanks again mate. :)

Never seen a Case Ih with a bonnet like that before.

Rare as hen's teeth Mark. I've only ever seen a brochure for them before. This particular example was CWS Farm's sugarbeet drilling tractor for a while, and was very well looked after by one driver before being sold to it's current owners. :)

Great photos David. Look forward to more from you.

I have also only seen the case with the sloping bonnet in a brochure. Think it had front and rear drum mowers.

Thanks ever so much Martin. Appreciated. Lots more to follow. I've been very lucky to stumble across some really rare and unusual tractors and combines in my spare time over the last six years. Along with collecting models, easily one of the most rewarding hobbies I have. :)

I wouldn't think that there are many MF 100 series left with the canvas still in that condition. There was a time when that was the only form of cab heating on offer and heat was drawn from the engine behind those flaps and into the cab, but in the 1970's it was better than nothing.

I wouldn't think that there are many MF 100 series left with the canvas still in that condition. There was a time when that was the only form of cab heating on offer and heat was drawn from the engine behind those flaps and into the cab, but in the 1970's it was better than nothing.

It's in great condition, and been on this farm from new Mike, along with the Massey Ferguson 34 drill it was working with. It has done next to nothing in terms of hours for it's age, around 4500. :)

Archived