The Tractor Twitcher's Travels 2015

The Tractor Twitcher

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

John Deere 2650 dragging near Bridlington. 22/04/2015.

P1100759_zpsdre8qqpc.jpg

P1100766_zpsrogpv3qu.jpg

P1100767_zpsawbiutgl.jpg

P1100770%20-%20Copy_zps5ipkstxa.jpg

Don't know if I am right but I think he needs to shorten the top link to level up the chisel plough frame. The rear tines are digging in too deeply and the front times are only scratching the surface

top links off for sure, but whys he going over it anyway?? the soil looks pretty much broken down and fine anyway, I would have thought that job would have been done way before getting a nice finish like that?? we only used a chisel for the tracks we left round the edges where we carted the grain and straw away as it got pretty compacted each season  

top links off for sure, but whys he going over it anyway?? the soil looks pretty much broken down and fine anyway, I would have thought that job would have been done way before getting a nice finish like that?? we only used a chisel for the tracks we left round the edges where we carted the grain and straw away as it got pretty compacted each season  

It was working on a vegetable / plant nursery when I found it Sean. Possibly going over it again for a specific crop?

As the J/D is not 4wd it might not pull the chisel plough that little bit deeper if it was level so by just using the rear tines he can get that little bit deeper without wheel slip and as David has said possibly going over it for a specific crop.

Back in the 1970s we had a chisel like the one in picture I think it is a M/F CHISEL PLOUGH we had ours on a MUIR HILL 101

As the J/D is not 4wd it might not pull the chisel plough that little bit deeper if it was level so by just using the rear tines he can get that little bit deeper without wheel slip and as David has said possibly going over it for a specific crop.

Back in the 1970s we had a chisel like the one in picture I think it is a M/F CHISEL PLOUGH we had ours on a MUIR HILL 101

you are spot on smithy,i dont think it has anything to do with the top link,he has it set that way for exactly the reason you pointed out

• 4 months later...

Archived