The Tractor Twitcher's Travels 2015

The Tractor Twitcher

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats a lovely 165, bar the front wheels (we had different rims and wider front tyres) exactly like we had,again from new,first tractor i drove, was only ever used for yard dutys,hauling the muck trailer,and grain haulage on the legg 6 ton trailer when the other 690 was hedge trimming at the end of harvest, was so easy to drive despite no power steering and all the modern gizmos

Thats a lovely 165, bar the front wheels (we had different rims and wider front tyres) exactly like we had,again from new,first tractor i drove, was only ever used for yard dutys,hauling the muck trailer,and grain haulage on the legg 6 ton trailer when the other 690 was hedge trimming at the end of harvest, was so easy to drive despite no power steering and all the modern gizmos

Great to discover tractors like this still working for living and forming an important part of this farm's fleet. The farm I found this on used to run several other 165s and a 65. The Case IH 844XL Plus is now the frontline tractor on the farm. Harvesting is carried out with a Claas Senator, and they also have several other well maintained implements that have been on the farm from new. :)  

Fantastic photos David really like the old/smaller tractors still earning a living with the basic machinery from the good old days also liked the onion machinery as I don't see that in my part of Suffolk

Fantastic photos David really like the old/smaller tractors still earning a living with the basic machinery from the good old days also liked the onion machinery as I don't see that in my part of Suffolk

Thanks ever so much mate, most appreciated. :) Loads more variety to follow from my travels this year.....and speaking of Onion planting. I found this old girl planting them near Doncaster last year.

P1410976_zpst60wyt0x.jpg

P1420019_zpsxv5nvj6b.jpg

P1420022_zpsjw3ncnat.jpg

P1420027_zpsazjynqu0.jpg

They aint many WORKING MF 165s left in that condition .. Its in very good nick & its a credit  to its owner.

Fabulous example Justin. Whilst I will photograph anything and everything when it comes to machinery on my travels, it's certainly stumbling across the older classics that gives me the most satisaction. :)

P1090210_zpssszudqev.jpg

Here's two other 165 tractors I have photographed last year, and in 2012 that are still expected to put in some graft for their owners.

P1020912_zpsbzxk8azj.jpg

P1240489%202_zpszu8nocjs.jpg

Archived