The Valley Axeman's Major Marshall Mission

Valley Axe Man

• 3 months later...

Went up the workshop for an hour or two after work last night.... and give her a bit of a wipe over to keep the dust at bay, she not seen as much polish this year with all the shows getting pulled but nice to keep her looking her best :) the local young farmers are holding their night time road run again at Christmas so will have to get her booked in 

117330773_605738090372027_5801074179575358625_n.jpg

Edited by Valley Axe Man
  • Like 7

Seeing as i polished her up i thought i'd give her a stretch of her legs for a couple of hours this morning for a tour about the Valley :) even spotted an Elephant and a Buffallo whilst on my travels (Ponnse Timber Harvester and Forwader) not a real Elephant and buffallo hahah

IMG_8119.JPG

IMG_8123.JPG

IMG_8130.JPG

IMG_8125.JPG

IMG_8127.JPG

IMG_8128.JPG

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Seeing as i polished her up i thought i'd give her a stretch of her legs for a couple of hours this morning for a tour about the Valley :) even spotted an Elephant and a Buffallo whilst on my travels (Ponnse Timber Harvester and Forwader) not a real Elephant and buffallo hahah

IMG_8119.JPG

IMG_8123.JPG

IMG_8130.JPG

IMG_8125.JPG

IMG_8127.JPG

IMG_8128.JPG

You had me almost excited there Paul, thought you had seen a Same Elefante, I have never seen on in the UK , you do occasionally see the Same Buffalo though 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, robbo said:

You had me almost excited there Paul, thought you had seen a Same Elefante, I have never seen on in the UK , you do occasionally see the Same Buffalo though 

plenty around up where you have just been mike, can think of at least 2 maybe 3 buffalos in the dalton area, and a mix of explorers ect . used to be a dealer in copplestone .

Didn't see a Same all the time I was there. Mostly MF and JD with the odd Fendt and NH but only one or two of them, oh, and one Deutz as well. Not sure any of the Elefante ever made it to the UK, there were only a very few ever built mostly for road use as they were the larger big brother to the Samecar, more of an off road truck than a tractor.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

IMG_8119.JPG

IMG_8123.JPG

IMG_8130.JPG

IMG_8125.JPG

IMG_8127.JPG

IMG_8128.JPG

Narrow little roads you are on there Paul but nice scenery ,especially with a lovely shiny tractor    

• Like 1

16 hours ago, robbo said:

Sorry to dissapoint there Mike... but if i spot a Same anywhere i'll try and grab a photo for you, i know your a keen man on them ;)

6 hours ago, smithy said:

Narrow little roads you are on there Paul but nice scenery ,especially with a lovely shiny tractor    

Cheers Smithy :), aye we don't live in a too bad part of the world for scenery, aye some of the roads are a bit thin in places but once you get away from the towns up here they get abit like that. to be fair she need to get out more than she does, time seems to slip away.... 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

As said before time seems to wait for no man but thought i'd best have her out the shed and clean down of the cobwebs now that the clocks of changed and we are in yet another lockdown..... at least the roads were quiet apart from the gangs of lycra-clad scum on 2 wheels......its always fun to make them sweat on the hills.... hahaha

IMG_8195.JPG

IMG_8196.JPG

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, 844john said:

She's looking well Paul, must admit i share your opinion of the plague that seems to be on our roads nowadays!;)

Cheers John, aye its almost like cyclists dont have any common road sense.........scum of the highways :D

Edited by Valley Axe Man
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Cheers John, aye its almost like cyclists dont have any common road sense.........scum of the highways :D

There was a small group got a slap yesterday only down the road from me . No serious injuries .. but it was a disaster waiting to happen...i just petty the poor guy that hit them. They come out from the city thinking the roads are quiet and see no danger.. Needless to say we are in lockdown here and can't travel outside our 5km limit , unless essential.. These clowns were well outside their limit ...anyway Paul ...she is looking well..:D

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Same around here Paul , i followed a group the other day for about 4 miles i was in my tractor with a lowloader trailer on the back and there was no way i could get by them safely , by the time they turned off from the way i was going there was at least 50 cars/vans behind me , if its a tractor and you get about 10 vehicles behind you ,you are by law supposed to pull over and let them by ,cyclists dont:(  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 11/9/2020 at 11:09 AM, justy 46 said:

There was a small group got a slap yesterday only down the road from me . No serious injuries .. but it was a disaster waiting to happen...i just petty the poor guy that hit them. They come out from the city thinking the roads are quiet and see no danger.. Needless to say we are in lockdown here and can't travel outside our 5km limit , unless essential.. These clowns were well outside their limit ...anyway Paul ...she is looking well..:D

Cheers Justin :) theres a few round here that could do with a slap.... but your 100% right about them needing to know their limits 

• Like 1

On 11/9/2020 at 6:48 PM, smithy said:

Same around here Paul , i followed a group the other day for about 4 miles i was in my tractor with a lowloader trailer on the back and there was no way i could get by them safely , by the time they turned off from the way i was going there was at least 50 cars/vans behind me , if its a tractor and you get about 10 vehicles behind you ,you are by law supposed to pull over and let them by ,cyclists dont:(  

Aye Smithy i know the 10 car rule applies to tractors and farm machinery, but cyclists seem to have their own rules even down to being 2 or 3 abreast across the road in a pack of a dozen or more........all the more fun to get up behind them on the hills and give them a bit of extra encouragement :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Had an hour up the yard with my better half (Gemma) as she was showing interest into wanting a drive of my 804, anyhows after a few laps around the yard she went to the top of the lane and back, seems strange seeing my pride and joy being driven by someone else, but i don't mind seeing its my Gemma :) but by the looks of it she's eager for another hour behind the wheel to get abit more practice in before hopefully next year and for a roadrun or show 

IMG_8207.JPG

IMG_8209.JPG

IMG_8213.JPG

• Like 9

12 hours ago, 844john said:

That's it now Paul, you'll need another tractor now, the 804's definitely been taken!;)

Aye id say so John, looks like Gemma has found a new home :) There's irons in the fire already for another once this lockdown is lifted i've a trip north of the border to go a view one with the intentions on bringing it back with me if everything is still as it was when i last seen it ;)

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

sort the 802 to the same level, and bang his and hers  for the runs :D

Ahh well would have been a plan of sorts Sean but the 802 doesnt live with me anymore, its moved to a new home a couple of miles further down the Valley just before lockdown, to a lad that was keen to get his hands on her but meant i could release a bit of cash for a different project ;)

• Like 2