Atlas Editions models

There is a loose leaf advert in this month's Model Farmer magazine for a publication by Atlas Editions for "The Ultimate Tractors of the World" publication. It would appear to be a bit like the previous type mags but the models that come with this one are 1/32 rather than 1/43.

http://www.atlaseditions.co.uk/collection/TRC/Ferguson-TE20-Tractor-model.html?promocode=11Csd

As usual it starts with the grey Fergie and then goes on with a Ford 5000 followed by the DB Selectamatic 880 and I was wonfdering if anyone knows who makes the models for them? Is it UH/Hatchette or are they from somewhere else?

Does anyone know if it would be worth subscribing?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I could be wrong Mike, but that ford 5000 looks very very similar to the one David got at zwolle ?? Wasn't that by atlas ?? The David Browns a euro spec with seat from on the arches and front mudguards on a 2wd so I suspect it's a euro maker for the models 

15 minutes ago, robbo said:

There is a loose leaf advert in this month's Model Farmer magazine for a publication by Atlas Editions for "The Ultimate Tractors of the World" publication. It would appear to be a bit like the previous type mags but the models that come with this one are 1/32 rather than 1/43.

http://www.atlaseditions.co.uk/collection/TRC/Ferguson-TE20-Tractor-model.html?promocode=11Csd

As usual it starts with the grey Fergie and then goes on with a Ford 5000 followed by the DB Selectamatic 880 and I was wonfdering if anyone knows who makes the models for them? Is it UH/Hatchette or are they from somewhere else?

Does anyone know if it would be worth subscribing?

Looks interesting.. I dont think UH do any of these models they are showing. The Ford 5000 looks to be a 6Y version & not the 6X UH model type model. I would love to see the full iist of tractors that will be available with this mag..

Was going to mention the same, don't expect to be able to pay £1.99 for the first tractor and then stop, you will end up paying the full £14.99 for each model, the way they work is offering one model at a cheap price then offering another at a slightly dearer price, if you don't buy the second then  they want you to pay full price for the first model and will employ debt collection companys to recover £5 etc. It's basically an endless loop. If you plan on subscribing to the full magazine however I doubt you'll have a problem.

10 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

I could be wrong Mike, but that ford 5000 looks very very similar to the one David got at zwolle ?? Wasn't that by atlas ?? The David Browns a euro spec with seat from on the arches and front mudguards on a 2wd so I suspect it's a euro maker for the models 

It is the same model Sean and if you remember I posted a picture of a John Deere 4020 about a year ago

Nothing wrong with an Atlas subscription if you want to buy the whole series. All their ranges sell well. Prices are ok and the quality of those I've seen is good. The number of models in a collection is not huge unlike the World of Tractors range.

If you are looking for specific models then eBay. Lots are bought and go straight on there, but be prepared to pay premium prices for some models.

Will not be available in your local newsagent.

P

58 minutes ago, smithy said:

It is the same model Sean and if you remember I posted a picture of a John Deere 4020 about a year ago

I thought I had seen it somewhere before smithy, most of these mags do a re run a few years later, capture / sell the over runs of the models they made

40 minutes ago, Barry said:

Is there a list of all the model that will be released?

Usually once the series is established then send the subscribers a list of all the intended releases. So hopefully if some one subscribers they will sahre the list.

1 hour ago, Tractorman810 said:

I thought I had seen it somewhere before smithy, most of these mags do a re run a few years later, capture / sell the over runs of the models they made

Its not a magazine Sean. Its a model collection with added features. I've not heard of Atlas buying in excess stock from other offers. They seem to commission specific manufacturers to produce specially for them.

I've a lot of details about the various bus and Stobart collections they have produced though have not subscribed to these. However they have just announced a British Touring Car Championship collection which I will go for. So we'll see what they are like.

P

I think I might sign up for this tractor series, they look OK and they are 1/32 scale. If I find out how many they are doing or a list I will post them on here

3 hours ago, Tractorman810 said:

Its not a magazine based model collection, they have been selling them abroad for a couple of years now but up till now would not sell in UK  me and my mate have tried to subscribe over the last 18 months but because we are in uk they said no so have been getting them of ebay/shows abroad and paying a premium some we have kept some we have sold on.  Myself and 4 other mates have now sighed up to receive the models which we have had about 4 weeks now  

3 hours ago, PDH said:

Its not a magazine Sean. Its a model collection with added features. I've not heard of Atlas buying in excess stock from other offers. They seem to commission specific manufacturers to produce specially for them.

I've a lot of details about the various bus and Stobart collections they have produced though have not subscribed to these. However they have just announced a British Touring Car Championship collection which I will go for. So we'll see what they are like.

P

As Mike said I thought it said a magazine and model on the flyer Peter, although I could be wrong, would only be interested in a few of them, say a 65 and 165/75 if they got done, and a few odd ones . Even if I had to modify them to uk spec. Certainly wouldn't want all of them .

3 hours ago, smithy said:

Its not a magazine based model collection, they have been selling them abroad for a couple of years now but up till now would not sell in UK  me and my mate have tried to subscribe over the last 18 months but because we are in uk they said no so have been getting them of ebay/shows abroad and paying a premium some we have kept some we have sold on.  Myself and 4 other mates have now sighed up to receive the models which we have had about 4 weeks now  

Yes that's been the same story with other model collections from Atlas. A lot never are available in the UK. eBay is your friend if you want the odd one or two but a whole collection from Europe is probably quite expensive.

1 hour ago, Tractorman810 said:

As Mike said I thought it said a magazine and model on the flyer Peter, although I could be wrong, would only be interested in a few of them, say a 65 and 165/75 if they got done, and a few odd ones . Even if I had to modify them to uk spec. Certainly wouldn't want all of them .

Sorry Sean, I haven't seen the flyer. The add on extra's could be a magazine with one model, a print with another, set of beermats with another. You just never know what they'll offer with each model.

Just have a look at eBay for those that you want.

P

These are ones which will be out later I bought these of ebay/shows abroad I have a few more including the ford 5000 but they are at my sons house so cant get pictures . The next ones coming out over here are Ford 5000 , David Brown Selectamatic 880 1969, Massey Ferguson 65 1963, Fordson Super Dexta 1963, Hanomag R40 1948, Porsche Master N419 1962 , but maybe not in that order

20160309_193043.jpg

20160309_193028.jpg

20160309_193012.jpg

Archived