colour variations

Sean

Here are a few pictures of my Little Farmer set 40562 Little Red Tractor and Disc Set. The tractor and harrow are definitely Orange in colour and not red, also the frame has the same number on it as yours, but I do not want to take it out of packaging to see if W.J.Cooper decal is fitted, so can not offer anymore help.

PC020001.JPG

PC020002.JPG

PC020003.JPG

PC020004.JPG

PC020005.JPG

PC020006.JPG

PC020007.JPG

• Like 1

Nice to see another  dark blue roller. Not much used.

As you say, very early discs with pins/tacks holding the wings/springs together as opposed to the latter diecast pins with flat section on. Again they look to have had very little use.

Edited by super6
tryping error!

Theres a small chip on the underside of the discs but nothing major, certainly wasnt expecting them when i got the lot , they looked a lot darker in the pics , but worth a cheeky low offer, 4 items in total  , was buy now at 50 i went in low at 20 and they said yes within 5 mins  

• 4 weeks later...

not  strictly a older model, but i aquired this in amongst some other bits, but i  havnt seen  this version ? before, i have the normal green chassis one with all black plastic fittings, but this one has all dark green plastic fittings on it, as the normal more common orange chassis ones are fitted with, i have had a real good look and can  see no signs of the silver ring being tampered with that holds the spout on, sort of implying a swap or conversion,its unmarked and very tight fitting  , and also the lug that attaches the yellow crop moving part to the chassis is also dark green,  not  black as per my other one ,has anyone else seen this version before 

CBE0FDA9-B3E8-4314-A4C1-AA6781038217.jpeg

FF70C1A1-20AE-45E3-86D3-A73E5A3F9CFD.jpeg

3C71F3C8-737C-4232-B866-BE1166DCC390.jpeg

• Like 2

Sean, There was a pair of orange and green ones at Spalding last October, on a table in the big hall near to where Stephen Moate has his dvds and books, but i don't know who the dealer was, one was loose the other boxed, but they were both fitted with the wheels off the early vicon till sower, they were a thinner yellow wheel and tyre than the ones on yours, the rim is just dished without the stud/hub detailing and the tread pattern was different, i think these wheels were also used on the green single axle tipper trailer with hay racks in the sleeve and plinth boxes before going to the wheels shown like whats on your foragers above. The loose one didn't look too playworn on either the ring or hitch like it hadnt been used much and also didn't show signs of being molested, as when viewed upside down the hitch base plate that holds the forager together was held by a spire rivit and not the later flat bladed screw which made me think was an early example, the one that was boxed looked original, and the "straw box" was in fairly good order...  Also i'm not sure if they dropped the yellow moving crop flow in the spout on the very last green and black ones in the last  "Authentic Models" boxed versions.

• Like 1

Has the orange and black one got orange wheel centres?

I was under the impression that the green and black one did not come with the flicking crop, but early production ones may have ! Never seen a green and green one before, most likely using up parts....... waste not, want not seems to be a Britains thing. Makes collecting more interesting.

@ Valley Axe Man I believe screws were used first then latterly rivits, compare early and late swb land rovers/the truck range 

• Like 1

oooohhhh you bugger iain  :D:D:D i thought bar the 3 i know i am missing,the orange folding one, the all red and white folding one and a silver red front mounted one, that i had all of them now , i have also heard tail of a wj cooper disc set in green to, 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

this one also arrived from new zealand today, took a risk on it, but it was very cheap,bar postage,i assumed it was a repaint so planned to strip the tines to fix a couple of others i have,but. ow its here i have to say it looks origonal to me, few paint chips on the hitch part,the corners and else where,with bare metal showing,no other colour, the grey tines are fixed in tight with no signs of being ever removed,dust/dirt in the holes they fix into, and in the corners between them and the frame, put it against a ford i have and the. against the fordson thats wating resto and its far more fordson blue that ford blue. 

E530D664-A0F3-4282-9060-B94A2F4B410C.jpeg

09F9F873-D509-4345-B8AC-FF5FE4E41273.jpeg

63A5E8B5-1F53-4347-9A39-E396EB31FD36.jpeg

• Like 4

I was taking a chance on buying this when I acquired the yellow 5000 cab, but I think it is a conversion. There being some red or orange paint visible when picture is enlarged plus of course the more obvious missing depth wheels and adjusters. It has been well done though as the depth wheel brackets are not even remotely visible where they have been removed, the adjusters are though! It's a shame that one of the tines is missing, these look to have been put (back) in the wrong place too.

P1090575(1).thumb.JPG.a7e81efa9cd5e524da4b4a1f0bb42e6d.JPGP1090576(1).thumb.JPG.2bd9c793fc13b04f7ffe3930b1292bfd.JPGP1090577(1).thumb.JPG.26c9e3efe6273c1556ffa632507a6ea1.JPG

• Like 1

intresting, i thought i had seen a pic of the early orange ones without depth whels before, unless they were just broken off . its very hard to see any paint in yours other than blue mind, i did come across this one whie hunting arround, but all the tines appear out of place so this could ?? be a conversion maybe 

9425476B-4787-4AB5-8332-F7F968ED1A87.jpeg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Toolbox Tam said:

Most likely from the Fordson set that was done . 

Now you will have to add the Fordson blue Muledozer , & the Fordson blue early 2 wheeled trailer 

Then , the seed drills , with the silver / unpainted transport drawbar , then the one with the red transport drawbar . 

i saw a red draw bar one on ebay this week, but asumed it was a repaint, so didnt bother, wish i had now,is it rare?? 

• Like 1