Hymac 270 Excavator Loader / tabmodels

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

it works for me to, all 3 sit fine against the say mf760 or the noreve class ones i have , once its draw out i tend to cut paper templates traced from the main drawing, and away i go 

Yep, paper templates too! ;D

22 hours ago, chris.watson said:

Very,very nice Ian mate, looks an absolute treat. This forum is all the better for you showing us your skills mate. This is proper high end craftsmanship.

Thank you very much Chris, very kind of you to say so, there will be many more! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

That really is beyond words, in a good way!

Such a clean and tidy build before the paint being added and then once you have added it, it transforms ito even more of a masterpiece. Amazing piece of work, it really is.

• tabmodels changed the title to Hymac 270 Excavator Loader / tabmodels
  • 5 months later...
2 minutes ago, SPN said:

Are these for that guy at the Moira Show who fell in love with the original?

No Stan these are separate commissions as a result of magazine exposure from Moira, but this is truly the last of them, such a time consuming and complicated build. May consider redesigning and simplifying the build in future, but not quite ready to break into the excavator model side of things just yet :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very, very nice Ian, how you have the patience and the motivation to do more than one I'll never know. I keep looking at the two 3cx's that i haven't yet finished whenever i get a bit of time spare but i just can't get motivated enough to pick up where i left off. Mind, at the moment i feel that way about all my unfinished builds!:( 

4 hours ago, 844john said:

Very, very nice Ian, how you have the patience and the motivation to do more than one I'll never know. I keep looking at the two 3cx's that i haven't yet finished whenever i get a bit of time spare but i just can't get motivated enough to pick up where i left off. Mind, at the moment i feel that way about all my unfinished builds!:( 

I know how you feel I got 4 more builds for an order I wanna put to bed by sunday chaps been waiting too long now and I want to move on to doing a ih 444 even shooting down to intertrac tomorrow hopefully

4 hours ago, 844john said:

Thanks John, I'll admit it's very easy to get stuck in a rut and once you stop half way through, like you said, it's hard to get back into where you left off. The fact that I'm building these for customers and don't want to let anyone down, is what keeps the pressure on to finish. If I was building for myself, I'd probably never get around to it :D Try breaking the build down into smaller jobs and concentrate on finishing each job at a time, that usually works for me ;)

Archived