new 1/32 universal hobbies in 2018

texas

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, SPN said:

A 7710 and a 7910.

What could possibly go wrong?

And I dread to think what the 1174 will be like.

Any Ford is welcome with me as long as they do a good job of them . But the little 3 pots are what's needed more than anything else to have a good balance!!

Let's hope it's the good uh, and not the bad uh..... 

Hope the 7910 is decent, as a re-decal and you have an 8210.

With you tho Justin, would like to see some 3 cylinder ford's. 

Just looked threw the catalouge there that Joe posted & I do like the fact UH are going to do a good share of classics in coming months . The Zetors , Fords , County ,Case DBs, Deutz & the TX66 will be coming my way over the next year or 2 for sure !! But at a price I guess . UH models are getting costly . Britains  have backed of on the Heritage stuff .. So it will be UH purchases for a while providing they do a good job of them . But as Martin said ... Will they actually materialise . We have been let down only too often in the past .

16 minutes ago, justy 46 said:

!! But at a price I guess .

indeed justin,i was being good and formulated a plan when i saw this list, started to sell my body , sadly i am 500 quid down already and i only started at 10 :D:D:D

1 minute ago, SPN said:

The first problem with that 1174 is that it has weights on the rear wheels.

The second problem is that it is from Cork.

Hey hey !!!There is some fine tractors in Cork SPN !!! Cork has a good history with the Blue Oval !!!:D;)

Universal Hobbies making a County 1174 and a Ford 7710/7910 B). As long as they do a good job on them they will be added to my collection as will the David Brown and Case. Finally some new classics on the horizon.

I just hope UH don't use the same skid units for both the 7710 & 7910 . One being a 4 pot and the other a 6 !!  We could have a MF 399 style f-up all over again . But if the get it right ... What's stopping them doing an 8210 & 7700 also !! 

Past experience with UH with there tendency to milk a casting dry i have no doubt a 7700 and all versions of the 8210 will appear if the new Fords actually materialise. Possibly even the County may spawn some different models, 1164 and with a bit more work maybe even a 1184. Happy days.

They have a 3m Kuhn Venta drill coming too, which I expect will be popular.

And it can be assembed with a 3m disc coulter or a 3m power harrow.

(and in the brochure they spell Kuhn as Khun. Muppets)

11 hours ago, justy 46 said:

I just hope UH don't use the same skid units for both the 7710 & 7910 . One being a 4 pot and the other a 6 !!  We could have a MF 399 style f-up all over again . But if the get it right ... What's stopping them doing an 8210 & 7700 also !! 

The wheels on the pictured 7710 are wrong for a 7700, and would be wrong for a 5700, 6700 and 6710.  It is arguable if they are wrong for the first generation of 7710 as well.

UH, or someone, should consider selling all the different types of Sankey wheel. I have three 10 series models at home that need different rear wheels.

the same old issues and same old comments, as discussed to death many times now, and as normally ends ,we all decide  that the chances of uh,britains, replicagri and alikes finding a vintage tractor in concourse factory spec, 100% origonal is probably as impossible as winning the lottery jackpot 3 times in a row, even the massey 135 was wrong as such and that was massey museum measured,  whilst we all want perfection i doubt it will ever happen, unless you go very bespoke like dave purdue and scaledown,and we all know how much more they cost. maybe we should all just wait and see what turns up then comment?? afterall if we all had crystal balls we would have won the lottery 3 times already i suspect 

many true comments there, but i do agree that there is no excuse for so many of the inaccuracies that we have seen in the past. If a bespoke builder can get it right then there is no reason why a large company can't, after all the information is there for anyone to find, yes a real tractor may be needed for measurements, but a look through manufacturers sales literature and period adverts can give a good indication of what a tractor was originally specced like when it left the factory. If a one man band can source such information, surely a company with the resources of UH, Britain's and the like can as well. After all, it costs no more to make an accurate model than a bad one, the difference being that an accurate model will sell much better.:)

Agree with what you say about it being a well discussed topic Sean, but I still don't believe there is reason for things to be cocked up as much as they are (and as I said previously, it's not just UH - virtually all the manufacturers are guilty to some degree).  It must cost as much to tool something wrong as it does to tool it correctly, so for me the problem comes at the research stage - and given the amount of knowledge and interest in the classics scene at the moment, there should be a wealth of knowledge and Information readily available, together with many correctly restored examples (particularly when we are talking the likes of County, Ford, MF etc, as a lot of these have associated clubs/forums - and if asked, they would know exactly how the originals came out of the factory and probably be only to happy to assist), so a little more ground work at the early research stages (at little financial cost) would surely give us a better model.

That said - l believe as long as people buy the models in sufficient numbers to satisfy the model manufacturers balance sheet, they will continue to produce some donkeys (and l don't mean the four legged variety ;)

I'm sure this topic will continue now and in the future, but that's what forums are for :)

let just say the meassuring guys at uh are not intretsed,i could put you in the direction of a collector whos own tractor was meassured up for one of uhs efforts, and it came out well, why,well let just say he had to put them right on a few bits and actually did a fair bit of remeassuring on their behalf .  i have no issues with discussing whats wrong,once we see a pic,prototype or final item, but cant see the point until  then if that makes sense, its all guess work 

Perhaps if we keep on moaning enough, u/h will drop the ag lines altogether and then we won’t have to buy anything. As Sean has said, this discussion has been done to death before when a new release is mentioned. I know opinions are like backsides, we have all got one, but I for one will just wait and see what arrives. As we have said before, no one is going to make you buy it. Myself, I am wondering what my Purdue county 1174 will be worth if u/h make a top drawer model. Can’t see it making £350 if you can get a good example for £60.

That is very disappointing to hear, bet they are interested when they get there sales figures back from the wholesalers, charging £40+ a time for a model........ 

Appreciate what you say about wait and see, but a lot of the scepticism comes from what has gone before. 

Is it really a case of moaning, people just pointing out some of the  inaccuracies on quite expensive models, and maybe if it is seen as moaning, uh may improve the quality rather than pull out of the ag lines, we can but hope. 

11 minutes ago, JEP said:

Is it really a case of moaning, people just pointing out some of the  inaccuracies on quite expensive models, and maybe if it is seen as moaning, uh may improve the quality rather than pull out of the ag lines, we can but hope. 

It hasn’t worked yet mate, u/h have been making co*k ups for years, but they do get a lot of models right. As Bluegreen pointed out, the new puma is excellent, and he knows what he is on about with those tractors. I for one am just happy that some new stuff is coming out. 

Sadly Chris l agree, but as I say we can but hope. And as l said earlier in the topic, credit where it's due - as for me the best 1:32 combine to date was the uh matador. 

Just some times think with the farm model collectors, (perhaps due to its relatively small number of sales?) the model manufacturers take a few liberties, particularly for example when re-decaling a model (uh, replicagri and wiking spring to mind) which is bang out of order, don't think they would get away with the same things in say for example the scale car model world, would they produce a Ford focus, then a few months later badge it up as a fiesta? back to a positive, as you say plenty of new releases hopefully on the way, so law of averages there should be a few accurate ones ;)

31 minutes ago, JEP said:

Sadly Chris l agree, but as I say we can but hope. And as l said earlier in the topic, credit where it's due - as for me the best 1:32 combine to date was the uh matador. 

Just some times think with the farm model collectors, (perhaps due to its relatively small number of sales?) the model manufacturers take a few liberties, particularly for example when re-decaling a model (uh, replicagri and wiking spring to mind) which is bang out of order, don't think they would get away with the same things in say for example the scale car model world, would they produce a Ford focus, then a few months later badge it up as a fiesta? back to a positive, as you say plenty of new releases hopefully on the way, so law of averages there should be a few accurate ones ;)

Good points mate, but when it comes to re-decaling  a model, people do want a certain model number. Some people will have driven a dominator 96, some an 86, some may have had a classic and some may have a maxi. What would help is that the manufacturers could say what machine model numbers will be coming when a new combine for example , is launched. I would like a new Holland tx68, do I wait and hope, or do I get the 66 in a panic fearing that it may just be this model that’s released. I bought commander 228, bur wished now I had waited for the 116. Hope this makes sense mate.

Archived