JCB 3CX Sitemaster

7 hours ago, b_emmons said:

looks amazing John :)

Thank you Brian

1 hour ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Fantastic work as always John, i'm looking forward to seeing what you decide to tackle next :)

Thanks Paul, the list of possible's is endless, I just need to be realistic in what I have the time for!!. After this I should try and complete the two Cases, if can ever find suitable wheels, and then I should really like to try and get to grips with casting before I make anything else, as I would like a few more 74 and 84 series Internationals for my collection, then there's the 4610 Ford, the Leyland's, possibly a Marshall or two,.......it just goes on!!

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

This particular model was started several years ago, and then just sat until i picked it up again about a year ago. Like most people, I feel that practice has helped me get a bit better than I was, and this has become obvious in this build. The majority of it I have been happy with, but just lately the bonnet and front grill has just looked "wrong", and after checking my measurements from the real deal I found that the nose was too narrow, with too much taper from the cab. I knew I would never be happy with the finished model if I left it, so after plucking up a bit of courage I picked up the Dremell and cut the front end off and re-built the nose to the correct measurements. While doing this, I took the opportunity to make a more detailed grill and side panels for the engine. The front axle has had the steering ram added, and I've also added bushes to all the pins in the loader and back-actor, along with the steps to the cab, and on the bonnet the fuel filler cap and air filter mushroom.

WP_20181010_11_22_01_Pro.jpg

WP_20181010_18_20_31_Pro.jpg

WP_20181010_18_22_52_Pro.jpg

WP_20181010_18_23_30_Pro.jpg

WP_20181010_18_23_46_Pro.jpg

WP_20181010_18_31_51_Pro.jpg

• Like 7

6 hours ago, alf aphid said:

You are doing well John! New job has slowed me down somewhat!! 

Look forwards to this one  

Thanks Alastair, no further progress on the Matbro? You're still in with a chance, I haven't got round to ordering any decals yet....

1 hour ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Stunning work John, looks fantastic :)

Thank you Paul

• Like 2

12 hours ago, 844john said:

Thanks Alastair, no further progress on the Matbro? You're still in with a chance, I haven't got round to ordering any decals yet....

Thank you Paul

No not a bean!! Had all the right intentions but been snowed under, where does all the time go!!

• Like 2