Matbro Teleram

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, T.H Conversions said:

Absolutely stunning John!!! There is so much skill needed to make something from scratch that is accurate to the real thing  she looks good in the yellow overalls :) 

Thank you, there's certainly been a few head-scratching moments, but she's finally getting there.:)

WP_20180904_18_47_58_Pro.jpg

WP_20180904_18_48_27_Pro.jpg

WP_20180904_18_41_11_Pro.jpg

6 hours ago, alf aphid said:

Not really much else to be said John, other than brilliant work, if I can get mine close to that I’ll be very happy indeed. Not much wrong with the shade of yellow for me! 

Thanks Alastair, the more I look at the colour the more I think it will do for me, maybe just a touch of wet and dry and then clear lacquer will do!

1 hour ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Credit where credit is due John, Great work as always :) can't wait for the day you have a dio at Penrith to showcase some of your handiwork ;)

Thanks Paul, to be honest, that is something I would love to do as my collection of scratch builds and conversions is steadily growing. I've always planned to do a dio of a mixed farm set in and around the early nineties, running gear from the seventies onwards which would fit nicely with most of the stuff I'm making, it's just back to that old problem of time again, - maybe I should start with a table with just some of my models on first!

51 minutes ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Fantastic work there John :) The dogs bobbins ;)

Thanks Paul, as long as they're not "baggy " bobbins ;):D

6 hours ago, alf aphid said:

Ok I give in, you won John! I’ve started making my cab though!  Can’t believe the speed at which you rattled through it. 

Looks absolutely brilliant, well done. 

Thanks Alastair, but its not over yet, I haven't got the decals on, you might just have a last minute come back!;) Any pictures of the build so far?

1 hour ago, 844john said:

Thanks Paul, as long as they're not "baggy " bobbins ;):D

Thanks Alastair, but its not over yet, I haven't got the decals on, you might just have a last minute come back!;) Any pictures of the build so far?

I’ll put some up soon John, it’s all fairly unexciting cut up bits so far! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived