What's your latest General Buy 2019

• robbo pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, smithy said:

Bought myself a new smaller chainsaw , it will be lighter to hold while standing in basket up in air taken of the low branches , picked it up yesterday

20190123_204818.jpg

20190123_204838.jpg

That very nice is there no Handel at the end off it like the old ones ?? 

The long range forecast was showing a possibility of a new Beast From The East for this week, so we reviewed all the learnings from last year.

Item number one on the list of things to buy was a better shovel for clearing snow.

The last one in stock at the local farm supply.

20190124_142506.jpg

Got some plastic storage boxes from Aldi, 80 litre box with lid for £6.99, I initially only got 2 but they take the models perfectly so I am off back for more. I feel a loft tidy up coming on. At the moment I have all manner of cardboard boxes of varying shapes and sizes and hopefully this will allow me to free up a bit of space............................for more models of course!

1 hour ago, Kirely said:

The problem with plastic storage boxes is they scuff the model boxes, ends especially. Banana boxes, free from your local supermarket, will keep your model boxes undamaged. 

i often think that is more how well you stack /fill them in to be honest, i have a fair bit of my boxed stuff in 12 x 100 l boxes, none are forced in or overfilled, so no box damage .  that said the 20 odd vacuum bags worth are as equally well protected 

On 1/24/2019 at 2:48 PM, robbo said:

Got some plastic storage boxes from Aldi, 80 litre box with lid for £6.99, I initially only got 2 but they take the models perfectly so I am off back for more. I feel a loft tidy up coming on. At the moment I have all manner of cardboard boxes of varying shapes and sizes and hopefully this will allow me to free up a bit of space............................for more models of course!

Went back to Aldi for more boxes and they had sold out. I then went to Asda for some other things and they had the very same 80 litre storage boxes for £6, so much for Aldi being the cheapest. I did to buy 4 more though!

Brought some newer camera equipment and a spare lens :)

Nikon F3 about a fifth used for £540 :) was £3399 when new :ph34r:

Brought a hardly used sigma 70-300mm zoom as my current one jams so saved £200 on new :) 

Also have a quarter used D200 with grip coming for £110 :) was £1300 new with no grip :ph34r:

s-l1600kl.jpg

s-l1600yh.jpg

s-l1600d.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

• 2 months later...

A bit of mixing hobby's, I bought myself a plastic model kit of a vintage racing bicycle. Saw a whole range one day at a friends house, and finally I stumbled upon one at Ebay, while buying some other parts for a project bicycle.

Motobecane kit.jpg

Not really a general  buy as I did not buy them , but I did buy the draw tickets . A local company to me, Brad Farm Machinery had a open day last week ,it was mainly livestock stuff but well worth the visit anyway they was running a draw in aid of the R.A.B.I. The Royal Agricultural Benevolent Institution and I won the sockets and my mate won a jacket ,not sure how much they raised but hopefully a decent bit  

20120229_014230.jpg

20120229_014310.jpg

1 hour ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Well done Smithy, although i did spot the pack of creme eggs in the background on the table, hope they are a little treat to yourself ;)

haha well spotted ,I did buy them but they are to be given away to the grandchildren ;)

8 hours ago, smithy said:

Not really a general  buy as I did not buy them , but I did buy the draw tickets . A local company to me, Brad Farm Machinery had a open day last week ,it was mainly livestock stuff but well worth the visit anyway they was running a draw in aid of the R.A.B.I. The Royal Agricultural Benevolent Institution and I won the sockets and my mate won a jacket ,not sure how much they raised but hopefully a decent bit  

20120229_014230.jpg

20120229_014310.jpg

Well done again Smithy......you wouldn't like to predict the numbers for the next lottery for me would you?;)

• 2 months later...

Archived