Ros releases 2020

robbo

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, bluegreen said:

Saw my first Fendt trailed Sprayer today on the back of a new 724, it was having a techneat front tank fitted to it.  Looks a very nice sprayer and makes me wonder yet again if ROS will produce one soon.

IMG_5203.JPG

Be nice if they did, they did a good job of the challenger version just needs a respray 

Yes I was thinking respray too, but looking at the real machine its a plastic matt green finish, whereas if I sprayed over the challenger it would be very shiny and glossy looking. Maybe that's why ROS haven't bothered, it wouldn't look right.

9 hours ago, bluegreen said:

The local big Fendt farm has three 936s and one of these lives on a very large Chafer sprayer during spring, and they don't bother removing the rear wheel weights either which is surprising!

What kind of acreage justifies 360hp on a sprayer? Or si they have nothing smaller..?

Legge Farms have between 3 or 5000 acres under cropping.  They rent lots of land for Potatoes and Onions so im not sure how much is theirs.  They also have three New Holland big balers to go behind the three 936s during summer, these bale their straw and many of their neighbours as well.   They've got a nearly new large Bateman self propelled sprayer as well as the big trailed Chafer.  At this time of year all their smaller Fendts 724s and 720s are on root crop planting duties and Ive never seen any of these on the big chafer.   I agree it does seem overkill but there are other big rigs running around here as well.  NH T7.315s on 6000L  Horsch sprayers.

• 1 month later...

Latest announcement from Ros, the Same Virtus 140, this comes just a week after I bought the UH Virtus 120 so they will be sitting side by side on the shelf. I believe that they are also going to do the matching Lambo, Hurlimann and Deutz versions later on

Pictures from Facebook

Ros Virtus 140.jpg

Ros Virtus 140(2).jpg

hopefully ROS will retain rights too produce Fendt 700 series models when the new machines get launched this summer.  I suspect they will be much the same as current models but with a smaller version of the 900s bonnet design.  Maybe a 727 or 728 to top out. 

7 minutes ago, bluegreen said:

hopefully ROS will retain rights too produce Fendt 700 series models when the new machines get launched this summer.  I suspect they will be much the same as current models but with a smaller version of the 900s bonnet design.  Maybe a 727 or 728 to top out. 

Thank you for that

I had been pondering a 718 and 720. Will wait for new models so.

Really nice models, I might have to source some when they are released. It look al lot better than the UH versions, specially the wheels have made a massive improvement! Allthough the rear wheels just need to be put a bit nearer the chassis.

But what is that sort of webbing on the rear window?

18 hours ago, Hajo said:

Really nice models, I might have to source some when they are released. It look al lot better than the UH versions, specially the wheels have made a massive improvement! Allthough the rear wheels just need to be put a bit nearer the chassis.

But what is that sort of webbing on the rear window?

i would say Hajo its a heated rear window

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived