Wiking Releases 2020

robbo

I would like to see the Case & IH side by side with the Schuco models and compare. I had a Schuco Case on my shopping list this year..now I'm spoiled for choice. The Schuco models are fantastic in my opinion & loaded with detail. Can Wiking match them !!! Time will tell.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, dave the farmer said:

Got one last wkend from g&m farmmodels.all good .real nice model ,good turning lock,have to put pressure on it to get tracks to roll.

This sounds promising.. So they addressed the issues in AgriFarm's YouTube review? 

I must admit, from the pictures I've seen so far, the Schuco models that I already have seem to be streets ahead of these from Wiking. When I first got back into collecting models again I thought that Wiking really were the top of the pile, but to my mind their quality and accuracy has certainly slipped over years. Before Christmas it was looking like this was going to be an expensive year, but if what I've seen so far is anything to go by then it's not going to be that hard on the wallet after all!

• Like 1

Always regret selling my old Schuco IH, still got my Case. Not sure I'll bother with these from Wiking, as others have said, something seems off. Especially the wheels. 

Hoping I'm wrong. Would also like to see them beside the Schuco ones.

On 3/23/2020 at 8:58 PM, AJH said:

Can we give Wiking the prize of the most ugly part ever made on a model?

151611218_IH3.thumb.jpg.291e98fe96b944e3cff181277c945a55.jpg

The Schuco models seem far superior judging by the pics anyways compared to the Wiking models. The only downfall is Schuco's production runs don't last long. You kinda need to snap them up quiet quickly before they discontinue them . 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, justy 46 said:

Nice model ..but costly..

It is Martin,But I think this lock down will cause a hike in prices,€100 will be pretty close to standard price for all the well detailed model tractors now,It will be very interesting to see the price of the forthcoming Marge Claas Lexion 8900.??

Regards

Joe.

potentially the JCB might be sold for a little less than 99EUR.  

see below there prices on the Wiking website seem quite high for the Deere 7310r and 6250r.  both are 65EUR on farmmodels.nl.

I have also seen a few facebook posts suggesting the JCB will be sold for 79EUR. 

Screenshot_20200606-064221_Samsung Internet.jpg

4 hours ago, catkom3 said:

It is Martin,But I think this lock down will cause a hike in prices,€100 will be pretty close to standard price for all the well detailed model tractors now,It will be very interesting to see the price of the forthcoming Marge Claas Lexion 8900.??

Regards

Joe.

Given the prices on the Jaguars I can only imagine. 

• Thanks 1

prob is joe, if they go down that route i think they will price themselves out of the market, its ok saying high end, not that some of wikings recent stuff has been as good as the first ones in finish or detail, but when most of your customers are youngsters, who can normally only just afford it you wont last long . and to be honest in the current times i cant see many adults wanting to fork out 100 odd quid for a model either. companies like wiking and marge, have sort of lost the way with expensive limited models of late, a good detailed standard run of say a 50 quid area jd 3000, or ford 8210 or mf 3680, something sensible like those or modern stuff would make them far more money , back to basics, bulk selling .

• Like 1

The Wiking Fendt 1050 is a big model. But I could source one for €60 It a wanted. Maybe it's just that models drop in price after 3 years or so.  I'm sure the JCB will be the same here . And I can't imagine it selling in big numbers when Britains got in on it first. The Britains version is more toy territory..but it's still a good representation off the Fastrac and it will win over the budget buyers on a far larger scale, which it probably already has.

• Like 1