new masseys coming

Paul Palmer

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like some bright spark at MF design head quarters has decided to use MFs old 2000 range for inspiration along with the ghastly old Schluter tractor!!  I thought JDs new 8R was ugly enough but congrats to MF they have come up with something even worse!!

37 minutes ago, Paul Palmer said:

Cheers Paul,I tried to post that link this afternoon,But for some weird reason my PC kept dropping my Broadband connection,Here's hopeing Universal Hobbies produce one,Isn't SIMA due in August,or has that been cancelled,??

Regards

Joe.

17 hours ago, catkom3 said:

Cheers Paul,I tried to post that link this afternoon,But for some weird reason my PC kept dropping my Broadband connection,Here's hopeing Universal Hobbies produce one,Isn't SIMA due in August,or has that been cancelled,??

Regards

Joe.

not sure Joe,yes uh would be a good bet,they done a great representation of the mf 7600/7700

keep looking at these each to there own and all that but I don't like it all.

Can see the styling is along the lines of the ideal combine as the sharpe lines look okay on something really big,and then the colours are trying to go heritage with the silver mist mf 2000 ish  big door cab and different colour cab frame,last mf like that was mf 4260's and 4270's.

I liked the last mf7400/7600 ,6400, 5400, 5600, cabs with the curved glass at the back,oh well guess its more how it drives and operates really.

1 hour ago, Fenside MF said:

keep looking at these each to there own and all that but I don't like it all.

Can see the styling is along the lines of the ideal combine as the sharpe lines look okay on something really big,and then the colours are trying to go heritage with the silver mist mf 2000 ish  big door cab and different colour cab frame,last mf like that was mf 4260's and 4270's.

I liked the last mf7400/7600 ,6400, 5400, 5600, cabs with the curved glass at the back,oh well guess its more how it drives and operates really.

that is true James,it is about how it drives and operates,like i said i do like it,and it does look better from some angles than others,but its all down to how it operates,looks to be a big cab

On 7/24/2020 at 3:13 PM, robbo said:

What's with the gap between the bonnet and the cab? Isn't that just somewhere for dust and chaff to accumulate that is then going to heat up and catch fire?

I assume the gap has to do with cab suspension.  But it's ugly..

I’m sure there’s several technical reasons for the cab/bonnet gap. One will be to control cab noise levels, and I see they claim the quietest cab on the market....keeping the two separate helps greatly. Another may well be cab heat management, there’s significant heat pick up on the cooling air as it comes out of the engine compartment, again bearing in mind it’s a worldwide spec, so will have to cope with 46 degree Celsius ambient temperatures.

Has a pretty impressive cooling system ;)

Interesting read about the new 8S,there is an unfortunate typo in there,But that is probably because it has been Translated.

Massey Ferguson Unveils New MF 8S Series Tractors

July 25, 2020
MF_8S_225_Trailer_Quarry_FR_0520-0785_17
It is via its social networks and open access that Massey Ferguson wanted to unveil one of the most anticipated new products of the year; the replacements for the current MF 7700s.

You regret the lack of evolution of the cabin of the last 7600/7700? The new 8S series intends to erase this delay and offer you more, both in terms of comfort, functionality and connectivity. The machine that we have already discovered in the guise of the Next concept at Agritechnica breaks the stylistic codes of the brand. It aims to be “neo-retro” and its “Protect-U” cabin / engine design allows Massey Ferguson to enter the “next” generation. A strong moment for the Beauvais company, underlined by a new designation. Let's take the MF 8S.265 model as an example: the number 8 represents the series, the S indicates the specification level and the last three numbers indicate the maximum power.

It was designed by farmers for farmers. It took seven years of testing around the world and in-depth interviews with customers. You have also seen it on the networks (and sometimes even on the roads) in a blue color in prototype state. Massey Ferguson having worked on his concept in dynamics and in all conditions, with the help of agrotesters.

Four models from 205 to 265 hp

The MF 8S series includes 4 new tractor models, all featuring the unique “Protect-U” cab / engine installation, 3.05 meter wheelbase (same as the 7700) and a “neo” design. -retro ”with its gray stripe on the side and the“ horse collar ”type pattern on the bonnet, reminiscent of the MF 100 series. On a chassis with a wheelbase of 3.05 meters, they offer a maximum power of 205 to 265 hp, all with an additional 20 hp thanks to Engine Power Management (EPM). Under the hood is the latest generation AGCO Power 7.4-liter 6-cylinder Stage V, well-known in the market. The treatment of polluting emissions is ensured by the "All-in-one" system of SCR type (selective catalytic reduction), associated with the soot catalyst (SC),well integrated and does not require the use of a diesel particulate filter (DPF) or complex variable geometry turbocharger. simple and maintenance-free from Massey Ferguson. Hydraulic valve clearance adjustment is now standard and also helps reduce ownership costs. Maximum torque is available from 1000 rpm and is constant up to 1500 rpm - delivering high performance at low revs to reduce fuel consumption by up to 10% and noise by up to 6 dB.Maximum torque is available from 1000 rpm and is constant up to 1500 rpm - delivering high performance at low revs to reduce fuel consumption by up to 10% and noise by up to 6 dB.Maximum torque is available from 1000 rpm and is constant up to 1500 rpm - delivering high performance at low revs to reduce fuel consumption by up to 10% and noise by up to 6 dB.

MF_8S_245_MF-ButterflyMower_Working_FR_0

The exclusive design of the “Protec-U”, with its 24 cm spacing between the cab and the engine, sets the MF 8S series apart from most tractors on the market. In addition to reducing heat, noise and vibration transmitted to the cab, the unique position of the "encapsulated" motor improves cooling and performance. The air drawn in from the rear of the engine hood is cleaner than that usually drawn in from the front of the hood. This cleaner air reduces the cleaning interval for the main air filter while optimizing engine performance. This design greatly improves access to radiators for cleaning.

Two new transmissions

Another major development, which conditioned the duration of the tests; transmissions. Massey Ferguson designed and developed in-house a Dyna E-Power dual-clutch transmission. His vocation? Provides the benefits of a continuously variable transmission (CVT) while transmitting power to the ground as efficiently as a mechanical transmission. If we compare with the Dyna-6 transmission of the MF 7700 S series, this new transmission can reduce power losses by up to 26% at high speeds, allowing to obtain according to MF up to 10% of economy fuel ! The Dyna E-Power transmission provides much more than a “Full Powershit” transmission by using dual clutch technology for range shifting and allowing for flawless anticipation and shifts. It offers four ranges with seven gears, with semi-overlaps designed to maximize performance in the field and on the road.

It is very easy to switch from manual to automatic mode from a button in the armrest. You can use the Power Control lever or the buttons on the MultiPad lever to change gears. It is also possible to adjust the degree of aggressiveness and speed of the automatic shifting according to the work and the conditions. Gear shifting is also according to MF smooth, efficient and completely transparent with only a 9% gear ratio difference between each gear over the 5-20 km / h field working range. To further improve fuel economy, reduce noise and improve comfort, the maximum speed of 50 km / h (depending on the legislation of the country) is reached at a very low engine speed of 1,500 rpm,while 40 km / h is reached at 1,200 rpm.

Users can also benefit from the new Dyna-7 semi-Powershift transmission , which is the evolution of the Dyna-6 transmission, with the same reliability and simplicity. It not only offers an additional Powershift ratio but also smoother gear changes. When working in the field, the Dyna-7 is 10% more efficient than the Dyna-6 with the same engine power. It offers a total of 28 forward speeds and 28 reverse speeds thanks to four ranges and seven gears under load. As for the Dyna-VT continuously variable transmission, it will be available at the end of 2021 on the MF 8S series.

Improved performance

Power is transferred efficiently to the ground thanks to a reinforced rear axle, with the choice of flanged shafts or short sliding hubs, to meet all needs. In addition, it is now possible among the new tire mounts to fit rear tires with a diameter of up to 2.05 meters, including the all new option VF 650/75 R42 Trelleborg TM1000 PT.

The suspended front axle, from the current ranges, is retained on the MF 8S series. With a short turning radius of 5.7 meters, this suspended front axle is now equipped with a suspension lock and is also equipped with brakes for tractors equipped with a transmission up to 50 km / h.

The capacity of the rear three-point linkage has been increased by 7% to 10 tonnes and, thanks to a new powerful hydraulic system, these tractors can lift and animate the largest implements. The closed-center load-sensing hydraulic system delivers 150 l / min flow as standard, providing 36% more flow than the previous system. As an option, a flow of 205 l / min can be available in the ECO version at 1,660 rpm while the maximum hydraulic flow of 230 l / min is reached at rated engine speed. Up to five electro-hydraulic valves can be specified at the rear.

All models come with a basic four-speed PTO, offering a choice of 540, 540 ECO, 1,000 or 1,000 ECO PTO, meaning operators can always choose the right speed in economy mode or not. A new front linkage option with a capacity of 4,800 kg, perfectly integrated into the tractor, is available from the factory with an optional ISOBUS socket.

A modern cabin at last

With a noise level of only 68 dB, Massey Ferguson announces that it is the quietest cab on the market and one of the most spacious with an interior volume of 3.4 m3, enough to give a touch of old to the current cabin of the 7700. The glass surface of 6.6 m2 offers a bright, airy working environment and unparalleled visibility. Replacing the traditional instrument panel with the new “MF vDisplay” digital terminal positioned on the right-hand cabin pillar, just leaves the steering wheel and Power Control lever in front of the driver, in turn offers increased visibility to the front and on the thin, hourglass-shaped hood.

MF_8S_CabInterior_FR_0520-1782_171602-70

Inside the cabin, users will appreciate the exclusive environment, with a semi-leather seat (optional on the Efficient version), a faux leather finish on the steering wheel and trim (on the Exclusive version). The new high-quality seat with automatic air suspension is heated, ventilated and equipped with side damping. The automatic air conditioning is very efficient thanks to the 14 distributed air vents. The cab's active mechanical suspension further improves the comfort of the Exclusive versions.

Regards

Joe

They should have gone with the black  cab frame like the blue prototype, silver is too gawdy.   Im already thinking that after my complaining about the MF Ideal combine range not being red, that this new tractor would probably look best in an all black or grey livery just like the new combines!!

They will shift a fair few of these. New cab looks great, and the low noise level will be good. We have a couple of Masseys along side our Deere’s On the farm, both loader tractors for feeding the cattle, a 07 plate 6465 and a 15 plate 6616. The 6616 is bloody noisy and has the same cab as the older one. 

It must be the season for new releases, I have seen ads on Facebook from both Fendt and Deutz with teasers about their forthcoming new ranges later this year

• 5 weeks later...
10 hours ago, sipher172 said:

There seem to be hints in the video that it could be a vineyard tractor

There is definitely a new 200 series coming, but if you look at the video there are at least three different size models in the silouettes.

The 300 and 700 have just been relaunched (Gen 4 and Gen 6 respectively), so I'm guessing we'll see all new 200, 400/600 and 800 ranges that are close relatives of this new MF range  (as he magnificently gets back on topic)

Archived