new masseys coming

Paul Palmer

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But no Vario option yet...............Doubt they will sell many next year in my area, lots of recently bought S series running about though.  Im still not keen, bonnet is smart but that cab and square fenders:unsure:.....  I much prefer the new style CASE Puma 240 and indeed the outgoing one for that matter:lol:

54 minutes ago, phil phoenix said:

But no Vario option yet...............Doubt they will sell many next year in my area, lots of recently bought S series running about though.  Im still not keen, bonnet is smart but that cab and square fenders:unsure:.....  I much prefer the new style CASE Puma 240 and indeed the outgoing one for that matter:lol:

Are Cases top of the pile for you now Phil?  I like the Magnum, but not so keen on the rest. 

Presently they are Joe, range for range they are the best looking tractors I think.  Vestrum & Maxxum look smart, Old and New Pumas have charisma, Optum & Rowtrac look ace, the mean Quadtrac still looks better than the "pretty JD RX" Imo.

Valtra has the best looking tractor with the "T" series and a good supporting cast too, but nothing in direct competition with the Optum ,Rowtrac or Quadtrac.

New Holland are nice, especially Blue Power versions but no Quadtrac in the range. JD have lost the plot:D........... Fendt also very nice apart from that awful front windscreen on the 700 series. Its been out 8 years and I still hate it!!!  Although from the sides and rear its a really smart tractor, hence me having ROS model  720 & 724s which are both excellent.

Too be honest I like most of the mainstream modern tractors apart from Deutz which ive never liked for some reason.  Im sure the new MFs will grow on me when I see one in the flesh and theyve become a familiar sight in the next few years. Mind you with the way the worlds going presently you cant predict anything with certainty anymore:unsure:

3 hours ago, Paul Palmer said:

Just had an email from snows, they have now got a 8S, being prepped in their workshop but out in the yard tomorrow, might be taking a visit

I had a funny feeling you must have got your 8S model from Snow when I saw this Stewart trailers photo two weeks ago saying the two trailers were heading for Alan Snow Massey Ferguson Cornwall, a wee click on they're web site confirmed they are in Launceston I remember you said Launceston, Just remembered the photo after reading your reply.Fair old hike 700 miles from Inverurie,?

Regards

Joe

Stewart trailers.jpg

1 hour ago, catkom3 said:

I had a funny feeling you must have got your 8S model from Snow when I saw this Stewart trailers photo two weeks ago saying the two trailers were heading for Alan Snow Massey Ferguson Cornwall, a wee click on they're web site confirmed they are in Launceston I remember you said Launceston, Just remembered the photo after reading your reply.Fair old hike 700 miles from Inverurie,?

Regards

Joe

Stewart trailers.jpg

youve got it Joe,they are just outside Launceston,yeah that is a hike for those trailers

The Grassmen 8S.225s looks odd on those wheels and tyres 650/65 R42, they look too small.  However check this video out, some really good footage of the new 8S.265 shod on 710/70 R42s that look so much better and fill out the space under the fender very nicely:)................almost liking it after watching this video..................only "almost" mind, lets not get carried away:D

Archived