What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

On 8/23/2017 at 2:47 PM, mb86 said:

That's a tidy girl john. It isn't a rash, it's just your body adjusting to the higher percentage of reliability, style, and raw power than you are used to. Colour aside, don't you need a £100k 200+hp new tractor to put a bit of fert on?:ph34r: tin hat deployed. 

Been  meaning to upload these for 3 weeks now,amazing what some folks will use for spreading fertilizer,??mind you the ground does look a tad damp,

Regards

Joe.

Quaddy fert 1.jpg

Quaddy fert 2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, mb86 said:

When I saw the first photo I thought it was a spoof! An idea why they didn't put a set of floats on a small tractor for that job. 

Don't know Martin,but wouldn't be surprised if that isn't the smallest tractor on the farm,ha ha!, it's a video grab I took from one of my German DVD's,here is a 3 minute trailler for it,you can see the Quaddy at about 1 min 20, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfs-on7K4xk

Regards

Joe.

• Like 2

Looks like a cracking run you had there Martin :) spent couple of hours yesterday taking the tank off my Major.... it's split at the seam around the two halves where the top meets the bottom on the way to or from our local Ag show a Saturday , so will spend an hour tonight after work and run a weld along the seam where the split is....

Edited by Valley Axe Man

4 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

Looks like a cracking run you had there Martin :) spent couple of hours yesterday taking the tank off my Major.... it's split at the seam around the two halves where the top meets the bottom on the way to or from our local Ag show a Saturday , so will spend an hour tonight after work and run a weld along the seam where the split is....

I did yes, always some good scenery on this run, there aren't many hedges up there to spoil the view, fancy doing my tank while you are at it? ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Valley Axe Man said:

where abouts has your tank split Martin? got a weld on mine last night, will have hopefully cured it ;) 

It is the seam as well but these are joined the opposite way (see pic[ from google]) and of course it is leaking at the bottom where there is a bolt hole in the crimped bit where you bolt it to the steering box. It is only the odd drip but it needs sorting, since she did so well on the run I'm starting to think she deserves a lick of paint  and of course I wouldn't want a diesel leak spoiling the finish.

image.jpg

8 hours ago, trigger82 said:

Well first day of big school for my 5 year old where the years go ha.

It just gets worse Cyril, our eldest starts his third year at secondary school when he goes back next week, doesn't seem five minutes since he was sitting on my knee "driving" the tractor :)

On 8/30/2017 at 6:57 AM, mb86 said:

It is the seam as well but these are joined the opposite way (see pic[ from google]) and of course it is leaking at the bottom where there is a bolt hole in the crimped bit where you bolt it to the steering box. It is only the odd drip but it needs sorting, since she did so well on the run I'm starting to think she deserves a lick of paint  and of course I wouldn't want a diesel leak spoiling the finish.

image.jpg

Sounds like it could be sorted Martin, at least they are a steel tank... we had some really bad ally tanks off a couple of abused merc tippers in for repair a while back and they were absolute pigs to cure... 

• Like 1

Mowing 14 hours yesterday and 10 hours today. Had my boy with me for a while, he enjoyed himself. Cant believe he's starting school in a weeks time! Where did 4 and a half years go?

A picture from 4 years ago to finish off with! 

Baling tomorrow, for as long as the weather holds.

On a separate point I was pleased to receive my Schco Dutra tractor in the post today - thought I had missed out on getting one however after some searching found one for sale in Belgium.

P1010886.JPG

20170902_150016.jpg

20170831_072842.jpg

Fastrac (3).jpg

• Like 4

3 hours ago, MadMark said:

Been doing the trailer model kit, and not to happy with it, to many fragile bits that break when you look at them, and cant even post pictures as camera given up the ghost

nothing  to do with big pinkies and  rushing is it mark :) i have made many a fiddely model kit in the past from big 1/8th f1 cars down to small tanks and cars etc and never had any problems with a kit being to fiddely , best tip step back have a brew/pint of strong stuff and start again later/tomorrow , amazing how it all of a sudden it all seems to go right after that