What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Some lovely tractors in the Cheffins sale @smithy. Followed the sale live online for the first couple of hours pretty much knowing there was going to be nothing I could afford that i'd really like. Given recent prices I didn't think there was anything that made mega money or an out of the ordinary price. I thought some of the American imports which I think Robert Fearnley had brought over 20 years ago made stronger money than usual. I believe they all came from the same collection, would have quite liked that Allis Chalmers D21 or that Minne Mo G1350. Thought the John Deere 4020 made excellent money at £17500. Bargain of the sale was the second of the David Brown Track Masters that made £5400. Hoping those two crawlers stayed together as a pair.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, super6 said:

@smithy How do they get the fall on your drainage or was the field on a slope? What sort of depth do they go too?

@Tractorman810 Sounds like a Barth K140 you are describing

very possible, must have been 40 odd years ago, i know i was at the village primary school for six months as my farther was away on deployment and my brother wasn't that old,  so we stayed there for the term.

On 4/25/2021 at 11:04 AM, super6 said:

@smithy How do they get the fall on your drainage or was the field on a slope? What sort of depth do they go too?

@Tractorman810 Sounds like a Barth K140 you are describing

The main part of the field slopes in two directions so the pipes pick up the water as it runs that way and the pipes then running the other way take the water down to a main pipe which then exits into the ditch ,down the narrow end there is some hollows so they put main pipes in from them and then the other ones crossed them the depth varies but the pipes are 24 to 30 inches down with about 10 inches of stone on the top as when we mole drain it the mole will be at 21 inches ,the drainer is on GPS to keep straight and to keep the correct fall on the pipes 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, robbo said:

Nice build Paul. If you fill that up then it will make the Marshall grunt 😄

Cheers 😊 missed getting a photo of it on the 804 Mike, it's away to its new home before I could get the tractor out

Edited by Valley Axe Man

6 hours ago, mb86 said:

Now that’s a grand job Paul. She looks nice and strong and those wheels look to be sat well out to the edge of the body. Better being over engineered than needing a repair in the future. 

Cheers Martin, she's s 6'6 X 14ft floor with 30" high sides, good bit of weight in her but like you say better than light and prone to breaking up

2 hours ago, smithy said:

Very smart Paul grand job ,pity you dont live bit closer to me as i have a chassis that i have plans to put a body onto one day ☺️

Cheers 🙂 If it'd fit on 14ft ifor I don't think it'd be a problem Smithy, body on this one is a 6mm floor with 3mm sides in a 50x50 box frame to stiffen it up abit