What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

Today I hit Costco at opening time of 10am to get the Christmas food shop done should conditions get worse. Got the turkey crown, the half joint  Aberdeen Angus sirloin, Loch Fyne smoked salmon some double cream and a few bottle of alcoholic beverage and and two Tuff crates to make it easier to carry since I have a sizeable New Year Britain's order. ;) ;)

After that I made my way to mum and dads at Kemnay. The roads from Westhill were ok provided you took care. After that did a 10 day food delivery to my uncle who stays in a sheltered cottage in Kintore and few miles down the road so that so see him ok fro a while if we don't get back down this week. Got mum back home

After that I decided to go home via the main road and sailed home from Kintore in less than a 1/2 hour on mainly blackmain roads.

Back to work tomorrow for a few days but I have heard we are getting off at 1pm operational commitments permitting.

Have been messing about on the tractor today... hauling stuff about with my new low loader.. delivering topsoil and a little bit of cardboard baling.

Took Lumpy's wife (Edita) to the Hospital today for her operation... which went well thankfully...

Oh and almost forgot... started at 3.30am today by doing the Spitalsfield Market run.. must be one of the most horrible trips to London I have ever done.  -13 degrees, pea-soup fog as well.. 40mph all the way.. snow had been moved to the hard shoulder and the margin by the crash barrier.. overtaking a truck required precision positioning  :of  .. and why oh why do people insist on riding in the middle lane when there is nothing around for hours  >:(:of  ... makes me mad that does  >:(

snow day for me, got to work, but no hope of getting the vans up the hill to get out,was ment to do my online traing courses, but the companys list is so up to date, i had actually done mine already on a quiet day a few months back, so basicly read a couple of newspapers, started the van as its been sat for 4 days, but otherwise not a lot

Well for me it was trying to figure out why the lights on a Belarus tractor did not work properly and the fuses all glowed red hot but didn't blow ::) .I Finally got it figured out after 2 hours of head scratching and looking,

The last Muppet that worked on it got the ground wire in the loom connected to a positive wire.  I fixed that  and the lights work perfect, and the blue dash board light for main and dip goes on and off like it should now not glowing all the time like it did before :) .

Now I'm drinking coffee/ reading the forum :) Then going back to deal with the other 5000 issues Belarus tractors have :'( :laugh: .

Regards

Robert :)

tomorrow, i'm off to put a decat manifold, catback exhaust, induction kit, coilovers and a new washer pump motor on a lad's c2. a nice way to spend 6 hours, on the floor, outside. really not looking forward to it, i'm fairly sure i'm going to freeze to death. if i survive that, i'm going to get reeaaaallly drunk! (i should add it is my friends birthday celebration!)

Finishing the new barbed wire fence between our yard and the meadow that joins it at work followed by attaching the crash barriers to the sleepers we sunk into the ground infront of our fibreglass liquid fertiliser tanks last week to save any reversing "incidents" from occuring there and then finally starting to attach the crash barriers to the sleepers at the back of our cow shed that are going to form our outside coral for summer feeding and to aid with mucking out and handling the rest of the year. Its great fun when the ground is as hard as iron due to the frost, have some gate posts to concrete in but we daren't do it at present in the freezing conditions

not a lot, just got a month contract, back where i started in March this year, starting in Jan, been to kiddicare to get some stuff for Harry....potty, toilet seat, step, bed guard etc., now removing the sides from his cot.....not that we want to, he escapes anyway!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D >:( >:(>:(

picked up my mother from the train station with the father then went over to new hutton to see akky's fendt xylon after his attempts at pulling a bulk blower ? of animal feed up there lane failed and resulted in him going through the wall closely followed by the carrs and billington wagon :-[

heres the pic of his xylon in 2009 with the mchale fusion  8)

post-2173-132639585744_thumb.jpg

and wheres the after picture then mate harvey ??? ??? :laugh: :laugh:

for me, been playing dancing "ford transits" on ice today, in and out of a small village thats got issues with the cable feeding it, some pretty hairy fun but no damageand not got stuck, despite a good 1/4 of a mile down hill then 1/4 a mile  up hillsheet ice covered  lane to get to the place

and wheres the after picture then mate harvey ??? ??? :laugh: :laugh:

for me, been playing dancing "ford transits" on ice today, in and out of a small village thats got issues with the cable feeding it, some pretty hairy fun but no damageand not got stuck, despite a good 1/4 of a mile down hill then 1/4 a mile  up hillsheet ice covered  lane to get to the place

well he said he will try the forum after i said he should (he's built a xylon based on his in 1/32)

i'm not posting the after pics mainly because i cant find the lead for the camera but also because he will when he joins  :P;)

well since monday iv been loading to trains with 8 bridge decks each one weights about 50 tonnes and yes they are classed as abnormal loads for the road and the rail along with precast concrete abuttments weighing in at 10-30 tonnes

allong with various other items needed a rail bridge replacement

so i wont be about over xmas as you can see iv a lot to do :P  in 5 days (i am on nights start 24-12 

Well after clearing snow yesterday now finally have the drive clear so today is indoor focused have the christmas ham to cook today also have the whole house to clean before tomorrow. 1 bathroom done and one bedroom cleaned only another bathroom and 3 bedrooms to go oh and the kitchen and lounge oh and some flapjacks to make as well.