What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

More subsoiling today once I'd changed the wings on it as they were beyond worn up due to the replacements not turning up in time. Also had to get the ridger mounted up and centralised on the 6910 ready for my colleague to start ridging up tomorrow. Gave the same chap a lesson on my tractor this afternoon and left him subsoiling for a couple of hours while I welded up a set of shins for the subsoiler ready for fitting in the morning and welded up a control box mounting bracket for the desroner, can't afford to have the subsoiler stopped for too long at the moment so seemed the easiest way out.

And here I be, beside the A11 and parked up for the night. Had a cracking drive around Essex, Suffolk and Norfolk to collect three and deliver one tractor. Suffolk is a beautiful county, where my second collection caused as much of a surprise to other road users as it did to me to get where I did near Boxford. Even Essex saw me drop the air to get under a 12ft 9in bridge!

Last of all was the 6610 at Brooke, although hand painted it did have a full set of brand new cab cladding.

post-212-0-07988000-1332353529_thumb.jpg

And here I be, beside the A11 and parked up for the night. Had a cracking drive around Essex, Suffolk and Norfolk to collect three and deliver one tractor. Suffolk is a beautiful county, where my second collection caused as much of a surprise to other road users as it did to me to get where I did near Boxford. Even Essex saw me drop the air to get under a 12ft 9in bridge!

Last of all was the 6610 at Brooke, although hand painted it did have a full set of brand new cab cladding.

Tris why do you need to strap down tractor cabs?

Today I'm taking a days holiday to get the numbers of days to carry over to the next holiday year to six. Plans for today are to catch up on weeding the garden and wash and clean my car for a trip late on in the day to Aberdeen Audi and see what kind of deal I can get in comparison to their competitors in Perth.

Ah Bill you thinking of changing the car welcome to my world as I'm a car sale man ha ha! we get payed to rob you ha ha! just pulling your leg it's hard times in this job with the way things are what are you thinking of buying Bill ?

Its a bueatiful day in kent so i am out grass cutting walk behind today 25 to do today tomorrow out on my snapped ride on mower to do 6 jobs all just over 2 acres each have a good day

Edited by Mike R ( Kentman)

Well Bob I planned to change last year but put it on hold for another year. I have a Audi A4 diesel 170 s line special edition at present and has 58,000 miles on the clock and will be 5 on 31st July this year. I looking to replace it with an A4 diesel 177 s line black edition and with some extras such as metallic paint, full leather black upholstery, heated front seats and a tow bar. Audi Perth said if I were to order that now they would be looking to get it around September this year. I was hoping for earlier but looks like I will have to put it through an MOT again and a service and probably two new tyres as well. Anyway I will see what sort of deal Aberdeen Audi can do in comparison to Perth which is only 85 - 90 miles away.

Today was so nice weather wise and such a productive day for me and after I got home this afternoon I decided to check my works emails and then sent one to my boss saying ...I think I will take tomorrow off as well...to which he replied ok Bill ....enjoy the sun see you Monday 8)

I was pleasantly surprised the deal I got today at Aberdeen Audi for a 1st June 2012 delivery....only one decision now what type of wheels to go for and should I go for a 4 wheel drive Quattro for an extra circa £ 1,400 to £ 1,500...oh decisions decisions

Are you just parked up on a pavement there.....for the night?

In the photo I am parked at Brooke, south of Norwich where I collected the Ford. Last night I was in a layby beside the A11 near Balsham in Cambridgeshire. Left there at 5am and was back in the yard at 8.30 this morning. I like to park near a pub usually, for a good feed, after that then a service area or truck stop. If I'm pushing on and not fussy...... it's a layby beside the A11 :D

Stop the doors opening maybe???

And to stop the roofs blowing off! Not so much a problem with the metal roof on the Masseys (unless it's a rust bucket). The Fords though..... they can detach in the wind, also 600 and 3000 series have rear hinged roof hatches, they can rattle open at 56mph too :D

And to stop the roofs blowing off! Not so much a problem with the metal roof on the Masseys (unless it's a rust bucket). The Fords though..... they can detach in the wind, also 600 and 3000 series have rear hinged roof hatches, they can rattle open at 56mph too :D

:blink: I was going to suggest that but it seemed a bit absurd! Well I never...

Oh really... Ahem... I hope you are reading this Wil my Freaky Ford friend :P

Well got another 3350 today, so will prob make a start on it later, and got an old greenhouse to chop up for the bin to make room for my new workshop, busy busy ;)

Looking for a new car( well second hand) may be 4 years old max with low milage. Want a diesel. Petrol is threw the roof. So im going to trade in my 03 Mazda 6 1.8L petrol for a diesel car. Im going to stick with the realiable Japanese brands tough. So ive it narrowed down to a Lexus IS 220d, Honda Accord 2.2 diesel or another Mazda 6 diesel with the 2.2 L 175bhp.

Also in the middle of doing my landscaping around my house. Had the digger in during the week spreading the top soil ,so ive been picking big lumps of stones all day to make way for the powerharrow next week. Worst job ever! :-