What have you been doing or plan on doing today?

12 hours ago, 844john said:

More fert on today before the rain! I must admit to taking a pride in nice straight lines without the aid of auto steer or satellite guidance, but maybe I'm just a bit old school!;)

WP_20190425_15_00_56_Pro.jpg

WP_20190425_15_01_10_Pro.jpg

WP_20190425_15_25_31_Pro.jpg

You have got nice straight lines , did you get much rain up your part of the country I only had about 1mm yesterday

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, smithy said:

!You have got nice straight lines , did you get much rain up your part of the country I only had about 1mm yesterday

Thanks Smithy, it's always easier when there's a bit of grass on, but then it's also easier to see if you make a balls up!:D It was torrential thundery showers, with hail thrown in, at one point i couldn't tell if it was nitrogen or hail that was behind the spinner, but they were short lived, a days steady warm rain would be better

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, 844john said:

More fert on today before the rain! I must admit to taking a pride in nice straight lines without the aid of auto steer or satellite guidance, but maybe I'm just a bit old school!;)

WP_20190425_15_00_56_Pro.jpg

WP_20190425_15_01_10_Pro.jpg

WP_20190425_15_25_31_Pro.jpg

Nowt wrong with being old school , just shows you know what your doing and don’t need fancy aids to help steer you tractor 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Tractorman810 said:

lovley sunday start,  04.30 call out for a job after the person running it went sick , just arrived at barnstable .  not sure how long i will be as no idea what the job even is 

Just think of the overtime Sean!;)

guess so john ,got to make the most of it, as pretty soon it looks like a call out will just be normal hours, they want to make it work in such a way as ,you go out,work x hours and that is taken as your hours for your next proper day in, so working today means i would get tomorrow of if that makes sense. same with normal OT  as well  , they just swap your off day round, will make working holidays and long weekend break out a nightmare ,as you wont be able to be sure your weeks patten will be right guaranteed 

basicly overtime will be a thing of the past

anyways just leaving barnstable  so hopefully home around half 6ish traffic and weather permitting, its pretty dam misty down here 

It's seems to always be about saving money regardless of how it affects people, i often think that a lot of these companies should look higher up the tree for ways to save money rather than always hitting the people who actually do the work. Hope the fog lifts Sean....it's been lovely and sunny up here today!

• Like 2

it does john, will stop night rates and everything, just a flat hourly wage, as for the weather ,the fog lifted till the part across the moors, then misty rain again, north south for me from plymouth is a dam nightmare drive no matter what the weather,  just twisty hilly slow and not many places to overtake .  so to be honest, in the van 2 hours odd is a good run , have taken as long as 3 to do the trip, its only 65 odd miles compared to going via exeter way (100 odd ) but both take as long 

6 minutes ago, justy 46 said:

Just spent half the day in A&E after getting arc eye from welding .  I am welding with nearly 15 years & it's my first time ever having to go to hospital with it. Got caught this time. 

hell , I bet that was bloody painful , not good when your eyes get hurt 

5 hours ago, dm434 said:

hell , I bet that was bloody painful , not good when your eyes get hurt 

No then. Like sand in the eyes. Eye drops for the next few days . Welding aluminium with the Mig. Normally I don't weld this stuff. Had an airpack on considering the fumes are far worse than the usual mildsteel. . I think the air being pumped into my shield don't help much ether. It dries out my eyes & just adds to the problem. Even on its lowest setting.