Fen End Farm by GGG

gogreengelb

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ben  its taken me weeks of dredging around model train shops trying to find a backdrop that fits in with a Fen type farm.Yesterday my search came to an end but I aint got the foggiest where the original pic was taken all I can say is when you travel out of the fens along the B1050 and look to your left you can see the rising clay islands of Sutton, Haddenham,then it drops off again where the old west river runs through from Earith in the direction of Chittering and the next clay islands rise up around where you live,Well I think my backdrop looks almost like that veiw

• 1 month later...

Superb!! Love the GGG on the building in the centre rear of the yard. Looks really nice now Brian. A lovely feel and look to your layout. Georges tanks look perfectly at home there as well mate. Have to find a corner to put mine it  :)

I hope you had FB round there to do the surveying for this pole Brian. .. . these things need meticulous planning.

Second thought's.. . Ben is probably the last person you'd need.. ..... he'd take ages to finish the job!!  :D

I hope you had FB round there to do the surveying for this pole Brian. .. . these things need meticulous planning.

Second thought's.. . Ben is probably the last person you'd need.. ..... he'd take ages to finish the job!!  :D

Does our Ben do this sort of thing for a living then

• 2 weeks later...