Fen End Farm by GGG

gogreengelb

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

very nice Brian! ;D ;D ;D...

what did you use for those hinges :-\

Hi FB stiff copper wire bent it round to make a two small rings then drilled a small hole and glued them in the gate, same wire for the posts but made two small hooks then hung the gates on the hooks

Well we are almost finished building Fen End Farm now so we better get things moving on the Spraying and Spreading Competition,we done some spreading so lets think about spraying

Firstly we had to bring the sprayer all the way from the Lounge through the Kitchen down the Hall through the Washhouse and onto the farm what a trip,its quite a way so we brought it on a low loader and gave it some whelly

post-460-132638570913_thumb.jpg

post-460-132638570916_thumb.jpg

Oh Benny Benny you dont half give us some problems,What the heck are we going to spray this time of the year.Still tis a long drive back to the lounge we can think about it on the way ??? ???

just go practice on that lounge carpet big field in preperation for the coming months ;) ;) ;):D

I dont think given the space I have that theres much more I can do apart from the odd small fine details, so we can have a run down on the cost

I will be on the generous side with the estimations

brickwork 3 x 2.50 =7.50euro

apple tree,s 3 x 5 = 15 euro

wood for gates and fencing 6 x 0.70 euro =4.20 euro

paint 6.50 euro

gravel 4 x 2.50= 10 euro

britains farm buildings 27 euro

britains pig huts 7 euro

The rest of the material was basically waste off cutts of wood

corrugated cardboard packing

glue that we are no longer allowed to use at work.

Total cost I reckon at 77.20 euro plus most of my spare time since the middle of January

post-460-132638572392_thumb.jpg

post-460-132638572395_thumb.jpg

To celebrate all our hard work over the the last few weeks we had a little drink

You will notice that colour wars dont exist here on Fen End Farm we all get on fine with each other :D :D :D

Just as long as they are prepaired to drive J D,s

Just as long as they are prepaired to drive J D,s

And they say we havn;t cloned a Human yet... yeah right... look at them all... looks like a pod of peas...

I bet the Massey driver has wee'd in the Green ones drinks  ;D

In fact... I reckon Mr Brian... you have an ideal "Caption this" pic there mate  ;)

What an example to us all Brian.... all that for under 80 euro's  :o :o

And what a fantastic looking layout you have as well... what "fine details" do you have planned for it now then mate  ???

Dont really know yet ,still thinking about diesel tanks (spalding)

Here,s a funny story,one day at a car boot sale I found the perfect thing to make a diesel tank out of,a childs building block made out of wood,Thought to myself yip one of them will do fine so asked the women how much for one brick (thinking to myself 2 euro,s) well I really want to sell the box full for 10 euro,s was her answer,there must of been 200 in the box and she said a loud NO to my offer of 2 euro,s for one of them, ??? ???

That farmer standing at the top table must be a very wealthy euro travelling farmer, he owns Farmer Marshall's farm and show room Old Fords farm, my farm and a few other places. Busy bloke he must have his own Lear Jet, lucky sod, who said Single Farm Payments were'nt up too much ;)

That farmer standing at the top table must be a very wealthy euro travelling farmer, he owns Farmer Marshall's farm and show room Old Fords farm, my farm and a few other places. Busy bloke he must have his own Lear Jet, lucky sod, who said Single Farm Payments were'nt up too much ;)

He's been spotted on my farm also  ;D