Fen End Farm by GGG

gogreengelb

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Had to have a bit of a change on Fen End Farm.to gain access to the side field I had to re site the work shop and one of the britains buildings.Got me a background and a couple more tree,s,Ive been looking for weeks for a background that is not to hilly cos as most of you know we aint got many hills here in the Fens

post-460-132638577027_thumb.jpg

post-460-13263857703_thumb.jpg

Some of you might know this last veiw.As you drive across the peat fens between Whittlesey and Ely you leave the lower area,s and start to go over the clay islands north of cambrigde.If you look far over to the right you can just make out the village of Hogganham,theres a chap lives there who collects (of all things) Massey Fergusons.Some people are funny aint they ;) ;) ;)

post-460-132638577133_thumb.jpg

Brian that oh so fantastic very well done mate looks the business. :P :P what have you use for the soil. ??? ??? looks good. :)

Coffee thats been perculated,but there is a slight problem with it that I need to work on.when its spread on a board you get a lot of slip with it so its a job to get a good finish on it(ie furrows or a nice tilth.I,m going to try glue a thin layer on first then a dry spread on top.should be better me hope,s

try painting the board brown  first mate before you lay the coffee, that way it doesnt show to much when you plough or seed it   ;):D :D :D :D lot easier that glueing coffee to, have tried that option already

That sounds good,paint it then put some coffee on while the paints still a bit tacky,its the slip I am trying to sort out not so much the seeing of the board.THANKS Tractorman810,thats got tomorrows free tome sorted

nice pics Brian, even got Julie to look at them and she said it almost looked real! :o :o

the shot of the fens, Ely to Whittlesey is a long stretch :-\, where is it as i cant find the place on a map??, is it off the A141 or A605

nice pics Brian, even got Julie to look at them and she said it almost looked real! :o :o

the shot of the fens, Ely to Whittlesey is a long stretch :-\, where is it as i cant find the place on a map??, is it off the A141 or A605

Ben it should read Haddenham and if you look further in the distance you can see the church spire at Cottenham

Ben it should read Haddenham and if you look further in the distance you can see the church spire at Cottenham

i was getting worried! :D :D!....i know that place well, little layby on the road between Wilburton and Haddenham, near that big house.....love that view!!....bet that where you took the shot!

post-67-132638577455_thumb.jpg