Fen End Farm by GGG

gogreengelb

nice work Brian, i may, may have to build some other type sheds with similar doors, both my sheds have sliding ones and its hard to get the runners/doors level :-\ :) :)

Why is it hard Ben,whats the problem,nothing in this world is beyond a onethirtytwo man

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it hard Ben,whats the problem,nothing in this world is beyond a onethirtytwo man

the plastic i used for the doors wasnt quite straight on the top, i had made the doors up then placed the runner on the top so it could then be stuck, i should have really cut the doors out properly and not assume the plastic was ok! I also used one of the smallest channel sizes as the runner so i didnt have much room for error or tolerance, but you learn from these mistakes!

next one wont have doors! :D :D

i should try using wood as well. Whats did you use for cladding again :-\

the plastic i used for the doors wasnt quite straight on the top, i had made the doors up then placed the runner on the top so it could then be stuck, i should have really cut the doors out properly and not assume the plastic was ok! I also used one of the smallest channel sizes as the runner so i didnt have much room for error or tolerance, but you learn from these mistakes!

next one wont have doors! :D :D

i should try using wood as well. Whats did you use for cladding again :-\

See what I mean you already know why they dont work.The corragated cladding corragated cardboard,once painted its really tough stuff

Ben can you get rid of that picture of that man,He reminds me of the Psychiatrist who used to come and see me just before they let me out

waht they saw you drive green :D :D :D :D

what paint have you used to cover them then

Hi if you mean the doors and sheds its grey metal primer.No they did,nt see that we drive Green.Its just that the last time they tried to get here somthing happened  :o :o and well the locals you know what they are like, they dont like it talked about

Hi if you mean the doors and sheds its grey metal primer.No they did,nt see that we drive Green.Its just that the last time they tried to get here somthing happened  :o :o and well the locals you know what they are like, they dont like it talked about

:D :D :D

just primer eh, its gone of well on timber hasnt it, looks great

Brian could you measure the tall the fence is for me and let me know..Im trying to build a fence for a display

Hi rick what I did when deciding how high to make the fence was to stand a britains farm figure against it and use it as a rough guide

Brian, great bit of handy work there. I used thin plastic but these didn't hold the strength for opening/closing when glued to wood so I replaced them with the dolls house hinges with glue and tacks. Never even gave thin tin/metal a thought to be honest but it's worked for you and the look is good. Pleased a post of mine helped someone else and nice to see the results too. The layout is flying along now mate!!  :)

• 2 weeks later...